The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Glad Four Thirds got it's own forum!

A

asabet

Thanks to the site owners/admins! Four Thids is size-wise right in between 35mm and "small sensor," and is no more similar to one than the other.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Amin thanks it was a decision between the admins and form member leaders that we thought as we go forward it would keep the forum more organized. Thanks for the support. Remember our door is open 24/7 well almost for all your needs.

S

Sean_Reid

I tried to talk Guy into it from the start <G> but Guy and Jack, quite understandably, wanted to see how things went before splitting the site up too much. The degree of response to the small sensor camera forum surprised a lot of people and Jack and Guy were receptive when I re-proposed the idea again today. I find them to be great admins. to work with.

Cheers,

Sean

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Sean, we were trying to keep the forum streamlined for the users benefit and this seems a great idea . So get in there and post folks and go spread the word. Thanks Guy and Jack

jonoslack

Hi Guy, Jack, Sean, Amin and everyone!
I think this is a great idea, four thirds really seems to have come of age with the E3 and the new SWD lenses - and this place should be a calm and rational antidote to various other places!

Riley

- and this place should be a calm and rational antidote to various other places!
now that in itself would be novel, seems like its hand to hand combat on many fora, even over at LUF of late. It gets a little tiring to be the 'target of opportunity' after awhile, but I can appreciate Jack an Guy know what that feels like for other reasons.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Guys for all the support you're showing. As Guy implied, we're building this site for YOU and want to keep it as usable and friendly as possible!

S

Sean_Reid

now that in itself would be novel, seems like its hand to hand combat on many fora, even over at LUF of late. It gets a little tiring to be the 'target of opportunity' after awhile, but I can appreciate Jack an Guy know what that feels like for other reasons.
Absolutely...I've said this several times before but the hallmark of these forums could come to be that they are the place for grownups to discuss photography with some civility. (I love Guy's analogy to forum members being guests at a dinner.)

Therefore, no matter what other forums are out there, the *tone* of this site may really end up setting it apart.

Cheers,

Sean

jonoslack

Therefore, no matter what other forums are out there, the *tone* of this site may really end up setting it apart.

Cheers,

Sean
Let's hope so, it's already my favorite place to hang out - still, I've seen it before, forums are usually nice to start with! Still, with big Guy hanging about maybe it'll stay that way :p

S

Sean_Reid

Guy and Jack have repeatedly told me that they are deadly serious about keeping the tone around here civil, etc. They're not afraid to warn and toss as needed. That's crucial.

I still enjoy the Leica forum but this is becoming my other favorite place to hang out (usually while RAW files are batching) as well. I love the fact that its not tied to a brand at all so the discussions can flow so much more easily.

Cheers,

Sean

jonoslack

Guy and Jack have repeatedly told me that they are deadly serious about keeping the tone around here civil, etc. They're not afraid to warn and toss as needed. That's crucial.

I still enjoy the Leica forum but this is becoming my other favorite place to hang out (usually while RAW files are batching) as well. I love the fact that its not tied to a brand at all so the discussions can flow so much more easily.

Cheers,

Sean
I'm sure you're right - and they look like tough guys into the bargain!
The crucial point is keeping the balance between interesting criticism and politeness - but it's got off to a great start and I've certainly not seen anything resembling a grumpy message.

Maggie O

Cheers,

Sean
I concur on all points.

Thanks, guys!

S

spylaw4

Cheers,

Sean
I am pleased that I have now joined - thanks to Jack & Guy for setting up a separate 4/3 section! :thumbup:.

I sometimes get a little tired of the negativity towards 4/3 displayed by some at "the other place"! Hopefully rationality will prevail here! :)

I do however find the Leica forum very enjoyable and informative! There's plenty of room for both forums (fora?).

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Brian, this will grow to be a great site in all area's of photography and if you look around there are some wonderful posts going that completely follow what we want to do and that is learn and share. There is no room for anything else and one reason we did our own site. It's a big round table with friends.