The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPhone 4S Photo samples

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I've now got a 4S. The biggest issue in my mind so far is a few jpeg uglies (e.g. white fringes at high contrast transitions, particularly those involving the sky). Some tendency to blow highlights. But overall a blast. It would be great if it were possible for it to produce raw files, or at least tiffs.

Examples:

As one might have guessed a lot of depth of field.

This is my standard "out my window" brick wall test. Note that this little baby is really rectilinear. Resolution is pretty good for a phone. This is the image that exhibits a 1 pixel white band at the sky-building transitions.

I've now got a 4S. The biggest issue in my mind so far is a few jpeg uglies (e.g. white fringes at high contrast transitions, particularly those involving the sky). Some tendency to blow highlights. But overall a blast. It would be great if it were possible for it to produce raw files, or at least tiffs.

Examples:

This is my standard "out my window" brick wall test. Note that this little baby is really rectilinear. Resolution is pretty good for a phone. This is the image that exhibits a 1 pixel white band at the sky-building transitions.

Woody - can you send me the original file? I would like to file a bug report.

Thanks,

ustein

Contributing Editor
>That's the answer. It's an HDR.

Their HDR is over the top sharpened. It also maybe bad alignment or both.

Was also with IP4.

Do you know how to remove these halos?

Last edited: