The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx100/Gx200

nostatic

you guys are definitely selling me on a GX200 - beautiful shots and I really like the way it handles contrasts. Any issues with dirt in/under the lens like some had with the 100?

W

wbrandsma

I have used it for three months now, and absolutely no issues. The camera feels more reliable to me than the GX100.

nostatic

Cool dude, Shin Yoo! And that last photograph, Gandolfi, is good.

Here another one with the GX200.

Ricoh GX200, f2.9, 1/90 sec, ISO 100, -0.7 EV
Wouter, this shot (sun through the trees) is stunning. A small sensor shouldn't be able to deal with that lighting. Or maybe it is actually better for it. Or maybe you just know what you're doing :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Can we process the Ricoh raws in C1 does anyone know. If that is the case than i will start saving my quarters. LOL

W

wbrandsma

Yes, Guy! The DNG files of the GX200 (and the GX100 too) can be processed with C1.

Thank you Nostatic! Another one from the same day with that gorgeous light. And this one is a processed B&W jpeg from the GX200.

pollobarca

Wouter,
another great photo. Glad the GX200 is working for you now. At first you were
not so keen , if I remember well.

all the best

paul

W

wbrandsma

:thumbs: A nice camera complementing your MF set. But don't come up with those Michael Reichmann comparisons :ROTFL: Or your wife will tell you to sell your MF camera :D

W

wbrandsma

Wouter,
another great photo. Glad the GX200 is working for you now. At first you were
not so keen , if I remember well.

all the best

paul
You are right Paul. That is why I plan to write a final impression of the GX200 on my blog soon.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Gandolfi,
that panorama is great. Looks , as you say, like an illustration.
I have tried vertical shots for panoramas , but no success so far.
Bath I havent seen for about 30 years now.

b rgds

paul
Paul,
Ta, re panoramas this turned out to be a doddle in PS Elements6. I took 6 pics overlapping by half, put into Elements6, pressed the photomerge panorama button, and this was the result.
Like me, Bath has changed a bit in the last 30 years. Right now, with the great good timing of humankind, just as the credit crunch finally hits the fan, another temple to the twin gods of Shopping and Mammon is being erected. Shot through the bus window on the way home with GX100 ( had for 9 months and no problems).
P.S. Is your your endquote a conceptual joke!
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Gandolfi: Simply Adore the shots of Bath
in particular the Trompe l'oiel (being a Decorative Artist by trade:p)

best-h
Thanks, Helen.
Those windows make you want to go in for a nice cup of tea, don't they.
Out of the finest bone china cups, of course!
Gandolfi

W

wbrandsma

As we all know Guy - it's the camera takes the photo. Wouter is simply a vessel through which the Gx200 displays it's artistic and post processing talents. . . . . hardly more than a humble cipher
;)
:ROTFL: Here some other GX200 capturings.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
2 more from the GX100 stable. (Like Wouter's horse?)
Late October shadow portrait and Leaves of Grass. Tweaked with iPhoto.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

jonoslack

:ROTFL: Here some other GX200 capturings.
That sure is some smart camera you have there Wouter . . . I think Guy would be best advised to buy YOUR camera off you. It'd be silly to go to B&H and get one which might not have quite the same artistic credentials.

I'm sure you'd be willing to sell it at a premium? Say 3 times the purchase price?

jonoslack

Hello All,
2 more from the GX100 stable. (Like Wouter's horse?)
Late October shadow portrait and Leaves of Grass. Tweaked with iPhoto.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.
Lovely Gandolfi
I've got the Gx100 as well - it's a bit slooooow, and mine doesn't quite have the eye of Wouter's; nice camera though.
:)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Lovely Gandolfi
I've got the Gx100 as well - it's a bit slooooow, and mine doesn't quite have the eye of Wouter's; nice camera though.
:)
Thanks, Jono,
Agree, tho' I would say slow rather than sloooow!
Luckily, like Louis Armstrong, "I have all the time in the world".
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

jonoslack

Gorgeous as usual Wouter!
That second shot rocks tho, it is pure 'street' unlike yet unmistably stamped with you style :)
Hi Lili
All those diagonals - as you say, a lovely shot . . . but then ALL his shots are lovely . . . I find it rather off-putting!

Do you think if I bought a GX200 I'd be able to do it too?