The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gx100/Gx200

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
As we all know Guy - it's the camera takes the photo. Wouter is simply a vessel through which the Gx200 displays it's artistic and post processing talents. . . . . hardly more than a humble cipher
;)
Wouter is my inspiration to get one. Jono I need some excuse you know that.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Seriously Wouter is very talented no question

W

wbrandsma

That sure is some smart camera you have there Wouter . . . I think Guy would be best advised to buy YOUR camera off you. It'd be silly to go to B&H and get one which might not have quite the same artistic credentials.

I'm sure you'd be willing to sell it at a premium? Say 3 times the purchase price?
:ROTFL: Unfortunately this GX200 can only be shipped with a plane seat, and authorization from his wife and kids.

Lili said:
That second shot rocks tho, it is pure 'street' unlike yet unmissably stamped with you style :)
Thank you Lili.

jonoslack said:
All those diagonals - as you say, a lovely shot . . . but then ALL his shots are lovely . . . I find it rather off-putting!
I am sorry Jono, but thanks anyway :thumbs: But you see compositions too all around your house (and Bergen op Zoom), and amaze us with your work.

jonoslack said:
Do you think if I bought a GX200 I'd be able to do it too?
You are probably the only one here in this forum who would be able resolve the current financial crisis.

Guy Mancuso said:
Wouter is my inspiration to get one. Jono I need some excuse you know that.

Thank you Guy (and of course all others) :thumbs: But seriously, this forum is very motivating and there are many gifted and talented photographers here :clap:

Great photographs Gandolfi, from you GX100 stable :)

And here another from my stable.

jonoslack

Wouter is my inspiration to get one. Jono I need some excuse you know that.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

:ROTFL:
Well - I think we all understand each other pretty well - maybe a GX200 will be a good investment, staving off the M8.2 for a month or two until the dollar/euro prices has an effect!

Wouter - thank you for the reciprocal words. Tempting to get you over here for a quick lesson . . . . but I'm afraid that stansted airport isn't quite the same thing!

pollobarca

Hi Lili

Do you think if I bought a GX200 I'd be able to do it too?

Jono,
I think Wouter could use a biscuit tin pinhole camera and it would still look great. :clap:
I know you're being ironic but...
I thought gettting a Ricoh would help me, and it has I suppose in so far as it gets me using the camera more and helping me understand things better. But then I pick up my ancient (5 years old!) C5050z and get nice and sometimes lovely pictures from that too.Actualy percentage of pix useable the Oly is still beating the Gx100. Although that may be due to the Ricoh encouraging me to take more difficult pictures.

all the best

paul

pollobarca

Paul,
Ta, re panoramas this turned out to be a doddle in PS Elements6. I took 6 pics overlapping by half, put into Elements6, pressed the photomerge panorama button, and this was the result.

Gandolfi.
Gandolfi,
I use 1/3 overlap- perhaps I should change. Autostitch also but I like that and dont have photoshop.
Here too we have loads of Comercial centres.
I work in Bergamo airport and next door is the Orio centre- people fly in with Ryan to do their shopping... Were I live you cannot go more than 6 kms in any direction without finding the biggest and best shopping centre! And photography is forbidden too!. Italian shopping centres tend to be very ugly outside, this is to encourage people to escape by entering. More are being built too, despite people being short of money.

all the best

paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
As you may know I just got Photoshop Elements6, so I am a bit like a kid in a toyshop:)
Here is an image of the Royal Crescent in Bath, shot from ground level down among the Autumn beech leaves.
Hope you enjoy!
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Everything you need for your next tea party (including the cake!).
Shot through the window of a shop selling dolls house miniatures. The little cups are about 1/3 inch in diameter.
I thought the tea sets on the doilys look like postage stamps.
GX100 and PS Elements6.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

helenhill

Gandolfi
its sooo Wild & Fun
the FINISH of your last two shots
kind of like american artist Chuck Close./- esque

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Thanks, Helen.
I thought FUN was one of the guiding principles laid down by the founding fathers of this forum:)
I checked out Chuck Close-some story eh. Great artist/brave man. Perhaps he would have had fun painting the gravel garden in this image of an acer tree in a Bath basement.
Cheers.
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Hi Paul

I couldn't agree more . . . . irritating isn't it :)

Ouch . . . now, there is an accusation!
I hope that it wasn't irony . . . or sarcasm . . . just a simple attempt at humour - I am a simple fellow after all!

For ironic and sarcastic humour... I am one of the worst offenders there is.:p

Gandolfi,
those are great effects you are getting .
thnks for showing us these pics

all the best

paul

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Thanks, Paul.
Here's an interesting little image of a dandelion clock from a few months ago, which I manipulated in iPhoto, then used as my desktop image for today. It was only while staring at it from the other side of the room that I realised what it reminded me of. It is just like one of those exploding rocket fireworks which are so impressive in displays these days.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

Here some recent photographs with the GX200.

Ricoh GX200, f3.8, 1/20 sec, ISO 200, +0.7 EV

Ricoh GX200, f3.7, 1/45 sec, ISO 200, 0.0 EV

Ricoh GX200, f3.3, 1/400 sec, ISO 64, +0.3 EV

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Great stuff as always, Wouter.
I am still at the stage of enjoying very much just clicking and sliding in PS Elements6.
A couple of Jpegs shot with the GX100 and fiddled into B/W. The trick is trying to decide when to stop fiddling!
1st is ancient footpath -2nd is tree in landscaped garden- both not far from Bath.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
N

nei1

Hi Wouter,interesting work as always,is the barbed wire image taken from the whole image or is it a crop?thanks________ Neil.

W

wbrandsma

The barbed wire image is not a crop. The photograph was made in the macro mode at 28mm focal length and I got really close to the barbed wire to get shallow dof. Thanks Neil and Gandolfi.

Inspired by the tree photographs from Gandolfi.

Ricoh GX200, f3.4, 1/100 sec, ISO 100, 0.0 EV

helenhill

Wow. Wonderful Shots Wouter

Have you changed your software or PP techniques ....the new work w/the GX 200
seems far more contrast ier,hard edge & BEAUTIFUL

all the Best- Helen

W

wbrandsma

Thank you Helen! For me, the new GX200 delivers different images then the GX100. It took a while before I got used to it. I still use Lightroom, but tend to use Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro more and more.

helenhill

Thank you Helen! For me, the new GX200 delivers different images then the GX100. It took a while before I got used to it. I still use Lightroom, but tend to use Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro more and more.
Wouter: I really can SEE:bugeyes: that Nik Silver Efex glow....I 've recently seen it in Mitch's new posts @ RFF
LOVE the Depth & Richness in Tones

Thanx- :clap: H

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Wouter, I like the new baby tree growing alongside the dead tree.
Here are a couple more of Bath, looking north and south at the same crossroads, with GX100 and 19mm lens. Late winter afternoon.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited: