The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

my first attempts at hdr

smokysun

the fuji s6000 will bracket exposures. and paint shop pro XII has an hdr merger function. these aren't as classy as many i've seen. has anyone else been giving this a try?

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Wayne,

You have managed to avoid the 'there is something not quite right here' feeling I get when I see a lot of HDR images with the first and last images. The others do show it but perhaps that was your intention.

The whole concept of this multi bracketing opens up a whole raft of possibilities I think. Especially if the aim is create something new rather than increase a little shadow/highlight range in a 'straight' intended image.

pollobarca

Wayne,
first attempts , and some of the pictures on flickr , can make you wonder what its all about. Multi bracketing is ok but .. the Ricoh GX100 doesnt do it in RAW and it only takes 3 images. Potentially the fact of only have JPG is not a problem. still it works. But I have had an instance where the application I use, even with a single shot converted to 3 or 5 exposues, cannot align the picture due to complexities in the image. I gave up on that experiment as i didnt feel up to aligning the images manually. Another is windy days and trees. Ghosting occurs. As well as the classic of a bike going through when taking the shot...
I found that you have to go lightly with the image controls. The defaults give some cartoon like effects most times. I am using DynamicPhoto HDR trial.

Like your mountain views- Yellow sky is nice.

b rgds

paul

Lili

Hi Wayne,

You have managed to avoid the 'there is something not quite right here' feeling I get when I see a lot of HDR images with the first and last images. The others do show it but perhaps that was your intention.

The whole concept of this multi bracketing opens up a whole raft of possibilities I think. Especially if the aim is create something new rather than increase a little shadow/highlight range in a 'straight' intended image.
I agree completely. love the first and last
Some HDR's I see seem like something is 'off', none of yours do that BTW
well done!!!

smokysun