The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Crop or not?

Will

Could you guys give me an opinion on these two versions. Which do you think is better, or does it make no real difference?

Thanks.

Origional

Slight crop to centralize the people.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This may sound crazy, but the thing that's the tiniest bit visually annoying are the two little lighted signs inside on the left. I played with it, and once you start cropping to eliminate those, it's hard to stop. So for me, your slight crop isn't all that much of a difference. But you might play with going even further. Just my humble opinion, offered for free so consider its value wisely.

simonclivehughes

Will,

I think the cropped one highlights the overall inherent symmetry of the image. I have to agree on the lights too... I'd lose them, they're simply too distracting. It's a great image.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.......... I think you were right.

Last edited: