The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new & improved Fujifilm sensor

Lisa

Announced on DPReview:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092308fujifilm.asp

Fujifilm is claiming, "Better than F31 performance" with 12 MP and better dynamic range. (Good to see that even *they* admit that the F30/F31 is better than the later F cameras!) Yeah!

The F30/F31 sensor seems so much better when it comes to noise than other pocket-size digicams I've seen that I've stuck with my old F30 instead of ever seriously thinking about trying anything new. Now if they would *just* let us have histograms and raw mode this time around...!

Lisa

mazor

thx for that info. It is indeed good to know the Fuji recognizes this. Can only hope that they really do make a difference with this new sensor design of theirs. While they are at it, why not put in a faster zoom lens onto the body, like F2.0 or something.

MAzor