The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Into the sun

Will

We have a shadows thread so I thought we could do with a sunny thread.
This is for images that look into the sun with all the flare and contrast that it can bring.

A few to start.

All GRD2

V festival Chelmsford

Easter sun in Norway

New housing in England

N

ntrolls

Slightly out of context, but I WAS looking into the sun ;)

Not sure about the parts around the sun and the highlight - there are visible "boundaries" that are probably due to the moving clouds (HDR image from 5 shots). May need some retouching, but here's the original anyway.

Will

Nice shot ntrolls. It is just the sort of image I was thinking of. The sort where the problems caused by the harsh glare actually make for a more interesting and unusual image, like the dramatic clouds in your pic, or my first one which has lost all detail around the sun as in fact happens if you accidently look at the real thing.

Will

Great lens flare gandolfi! Which camera?

Lili, I love that starburst!

Have to wear my shades for this thread, I'm getting a headache :toocool:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Will, GX100. It's the only camera I have, apart from a 10x8 Gandolfi, which is hardly a small sensor camera!!!!
Gandolfi.

mazor

Will, the first shot you took the orange sun pic with your GRD2 looks amazing. It is something I would enlarge and put on my wall. Very nice indeed!

MAzor

pollobarca

Nice shots Will, especially like the new housing.
Mazor- nice work with the phone!
One with my C5050z in Sirmione, Lake Garda

Another in Verona, this time the Gx100

all the best

paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All, Nice images.
Here is another "contre jour".
GX100.
Cheers, Gandolfi.

Last edited:

helenhill

Fab Shots All
in homage to the Sun God.....

This was taken on a Train Ride to Long island /35 elmar on rd1 :)

mazor

gandolfi, the GX100 image is like sper super sharp, liek the light halos around the leaves, very kewl.

Mazor