The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Information From Ricoh

S

Sean_Reid

On response to my questions about the AF system on the GR II, my contact at Ricoh Japan wrote the following:

"The reason why AF system for GRDll has been changed.

GRD ll incorporates a TTL CCD-AF auto focus system.
As this utilizes an image sensor to gauge distance, the system enables the
multi AF to cover a wide range.
It also has the advantage of achieving precision spot AF without the
influence of parallax, on all subjects, whatever all distance. Operating
more rapidly than the CCD-AF in GR DIGITAL the new system renders
unnecessary the external AF that has been combined in use up to now."

He also sent two documents which I thought might be of interest to people here, attached is the first:

S

Sean_Reid

The second document is an overview of the GR2. Also, Tony Rose at Popflash.com (whom I've had excellent experience with) should have the 40 mm (EFOV) accessory lens in stock by 12/21 although I don't know how many he's getting. According to Ricoh, this lens can also be used with the GR.

The second PDF seems to be too large for the forum. I'll ask Guy and Jack.

Cheers,

Sean

Maggie O

Sean, if you've got a Mac, you could drop the PDF in my public folder and I can host it a mediawench.com.

S

Sean_Reid

Thanks very much Maggie but I'm not, yet, on a Mac.

Cheers,

Sean

gromitspapa

+1 on Tony Rose at Popflash. He was excellent to deal with on the purchase of a Zeiss lens, and when I thought I had a focusing problem with it, he immediately offered to send me another one to compare with it. I would buy Ricoh gear from him over Adorama. Much more personal, and amazing support.

S

Sean_Reid

Thanks very much Maggie. I sent it to Guy and I think he can post it here.

Cheers,

Sean

Robert Campbell

Anyone know what flash that is, on the accessory page?
The manual recommends (under heading 'Item') either:
Sigma EF-530 DG SUPER [sic] or
Sigma EF-530 DG ST

and at 'Model' for both it is SA-STTL.

It gives intructions how to use a recommended unit, and also a non-recommended unit.

I'm none the wiser.

Bertie

Lili

The manual recommends (under heading 'Item') either:
Sigma EF-530 DG SUPER [sic] or
Sigma EF-530 DG ST

and at 'Model' for both it is SA-STTL.

It gives intructions how to use a recommended unit, and also a non-recommended unit.

I'm none the wiser.

Bertie
Bertie I have a Sigma EF-530 DG ST; it is huge compared to my GRD.
BTW I take umbrage at item 16, with the latest firmware update (2.40) you CAN adjust the flash output on the GRD I

D

dkogan

The table says that the GX100 has adjustable flash power. What is this referring to? The only relevant setting that my GX100 has is the "soft flash," which doesn't make any difference I can notice. Can anybody see a difference between the "soft flash" and "flash on" settings?