The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Burningman and my GRD2

JDavila

These were shot both in JPEG and RAW but have yet to work with them in raw. I will be getting my Lightroom program this week but could not wait to post some of these.

Had the best time of my life during my first BURN in the Nevada Desert.

Jd

ShiroKuro

These are great !!! I really hope to see more of your images of Burn.. must of been an amazing experience .... had a friend that went to Burning Man couple of years ago ..... Its all he talked about for a very long time ...... bit like a religious experience ' )

JDavila

Thank you Shirokuro for the kind words.

This was my first "religious experience" at Burning man. The best way to describe it would be Mad max meets the MOMA meets Studio 54 meets Woodstock. All of this would still not describe what this place was like.

Here are a couple of more jpegs. Still waiting for the program lightroom to play with these.

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Haha, I recognize some of those shots (the Furry Music Bus, the man from the Bummer or the Tower) ;-) Great shots, all!

I just purchased a Pentax W60 so I'll have a "protected" camera for next year. Took the 5D, 40D, and the M's this year. 40D has zero dust issues, so I'm looking forward to the 5D2 and it's anti-dust capability.

helenhill

Jeff

The last shot is sooo Beautiful....
The embrace, the flesh, the earth,
the mesh of it all entwined / Love it :)
Cheers! H

JDavila

Re: Burningman and my GRD 2

Gero,

Thank you...Burn is short for Burning Man.

Chris Daurer,

Thank you, glad to hear you going next year as well. I did not use my GX100 because it was a zoom. Had zero problem with the GRD2 since it was a fixed lens, Although I did use a filter during the sand storms. Why take a chance.
And last but not least.......

Helen,

Thanks for hooking me up with this great little gem. It was a great investment and thank you for comments always.

The Next B&W is a shot of my best friend Mike of who finally convinced me to go to burning man. Again I cannot wait to play with these in it's RAW format.

Last edited:

JDavila

Thanks ddk, Lili, and Erik, for all the great feedback!!

ddk...there is always next year!!!!

This was such a great experience. Yes there were highs and lows. Like getting lost in a sand storm driving in circles(made for a great story) but allot more highs.

This second shot is of a stunning woman grieving at what is called the Temple one day before they burned it.

I will return to this one in color because her hair is braided with a beautiful emerald green when I get lightroom.

W

wbrandsma

Amazing work, Jef! Very strong photographs, in particular the B&W photographs are very good I think.

Keep on posting.

JDavila

Erik,

Funny I felt the sam way when I was there.

Here is another look at the shot but with more people taken within seconds of the first. I thought the first shot worked better because of the rhythm I feel when looking it.

Oh yeah thats me holding the camera.

Last edited: