The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just follow the river..

rayyan

You shall come to the town. The town is at 3500 mts.

Lush green forests. In the distance, on the peaks..our companion; snow and ice.

D-Lux4.

rayyan

Jorgen, jlm..thanks for stopping by.

This is Nepal. A very small village ( town ) north of Annapurna, in a valley.

One can see the Annapurna and Gungapurna peaks from here. One can also see the huge snow fall as it descends down the peaks.

Travellers usually spend the night here to acclimitaize to the altitude before going on further up.

For me, this is the last stop. Ayesha goes on further from here.

I provide the directions!!:D

Spending a few days here is really worth it.

Regards.

rayyan

Much further up..one can get a closer look at the snow/ice fall..around 5600 mts up.

D-Lux4

rayyan

Wow... I thought I didn't have to go there. Apparently, I was mistaken.
Of course we don't have to go there!! We can walk around these parts. See

the balcony slightly left of the center ( blue and white ). The last corner on your left

is where I am found. Sleeping, walking amongst the flowers, the river.

There is a small tea shop behind on the mountain..short distance away.

Just sit there. hear the river fall on the stones below, the birds, the rustling of the leaves..

Evening walk down, from my balcony watch the sunset..

jlm

Workshop Member
i made a 6 week trek in Nepal in '92 with my 25yr old son and a few other friends, started in Lukla, a small village just like this. accessible only by yak, foot or air (fly in from Katmandu, very small airstrip, with an old crashed plane off to the side)

best trip i have ever taken; by all means, go to nepal in the mountains

rayyan

i made a 6 week trek in Nepal in '92 with my 25yr old son and a few other friends, started in Lukla, a small village just like this. accessible only by yak, foot or air (fly in from Katmandu, very small airstrip, with an old crashed plane off to the side)

best trip i have ever taken; by all means, go to nepal in the mountains
Thanks jlm for looking in.

Lovely place indeed; if one wants to get away from it all..or exercise!!:eek:

You must have been doing the Everest base Camp trek..Lukla, Namche and onwards. Lovely trekking there..

The airport is slightly better nowadays. Below some shots to bring back memories. Lukla!!

rayyan

Lukla..coming in to land..

The best flight is the one you walk out from...

The other side of town..Lukla:

jlm

Workshop Member
that's the place, I think we flew in on an Otter, all our baggage weighed of course. Via Namche Bazaar and Tengboche, Dengboche and Lobuche, we went to the base camp (19,000ft, Kala Patar), then spent another three weeks going over a very high pass, Panche Pokhari,
Amphhu Laptsa, Sherpani Col, 21,000 ft, and out by Makkalu base camp, Num, Tumlingtar, hiking down the river valley to Hile Ended up bussing back to Katmandu from Hile. That bus ride was way scarier than landing at Lukla

your shots bring back many memories...maybe I will post a few digitized slides (this was pre-digital, i actually had my first autofocus Nikon D90 for the trip, worked perfectly)

Last edited:

rayyan

jlm, the bus rides can be..well, adventureous!!

Back to the tea shop in the hills..the owner was an old lady. I suspect it belonged to the family. Mornings and afternoons were slightly busy ( 3/4 customers ). Else, I was the only one..

Rayyan: One more watcher, one more being tempted and being deeply impressed: my favorites so far are #6 (simply unbelievable scenery) and of course the portrait of the shop owner. :thumbs::thumbs:

rayyan

I'm watching, getting tempted. Please keep on posting :)
Rayyan: One more watcher, one more being tempted and being deeply impressed: my favorites so far are #6 (simply unbelievable scenery) and of course the portrait of the shop owner. :thumbs::thumbs:
Much appreciated Jorgen and Hermann.:salute:

Things might look better or worse in pictures. If you can do without some fancy modern day accessories; enjoy simple ( not so simple now as the remittances from the Mid-East guest workers are making a big difference )
life and folk; then you should have fun.

The most beautiful vistas on this earth await you.

Regards.

rayyan

The final ones I found..

Whether it is in the valleys..

or gazing up..

or looking out towards the Guardians..

I never forget the most important thing that brings me to Nepal..

Thanks for looking in.