The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPhone Camera App 645 Pro

simonclivehughes

It's pretty interesting, but right now, it EATS the battery astonishingly fast, while producing prodigious amounts of heat. Waiting patiently for bug fixes.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>it EATS the battery astonishingly fast, while producing prodigious amounts of heat. Waiting patiently for bug fixes.

Did not test it but thought so too. Maybe I switch from live view.

The developer told me that a fix is in the works.

Last edited:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Interesting app. It provides tiff formatted "raw" files which could be a major advance. I'll report back once I've had a chance to download a few of them.

I does get hot.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>It provides tiff formatted "raw" files which could be a major advance.

This is not a "Raw" in the real sense. This is a file that is not processed by the app (but by the phone). An uncompressed JPEG should be fine.

I wrote:

"we don't like images to be stored in private app memory. Users my wonder why the memory is full. "

Godfrey

Seems a good picture maker but I find the interface and controls way too fiddly and over-done.

Mattebox, ShakeItPhoto and TTv, along with 8mm for video, are so far my favorite iPhone camera apps, other than the standard one.

smartwombat

I find I don't use most of the bells and whistles, just the RAW set to highest quality.
Which is pretty remarkable improvement over the standard quality, even on the iPhone 4.

The 1.1 update does most of what I wanted, particularly heat and battery drain reduction.
But having to work left handed while my right hand heals, I wish there was an option to put the shutter release on the left - swap the two control panels - along with the 180 degree rotation of the app.