The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh "40 mm" Adapter

Lili

Ok this is where the 40mm efl shines.
Not trying to be 28mm.
But up close, tight, and personal

I am really getting to like the GT-1 afer all.
I have some outside shots of people; taking more later.

cam

love it more each time i see it! looking forward to your people photos as well. i think you've convinced me that i definitely need to get one and put it on my original GRD. it's slowness has made me miss shots on the street after getting used to the speed of the GRDII. using the lens means it will be for more still moments, so that won't be an issue.

sigh. after working on an image from the GRD i was reminded again how much better the JPEGs are than the GRDII. it's starting to make me cranky!

Lili

love it more each time i see it! looking forward to your people photos as well. i think you've convinced me that i definitely need to get one and put it on my original GRD. it's slowness has made me miss shots on the street after getting used to the speed of the GRDII. using the lens means it will be for more still moments, so that won't be an issue.

sigh. after working on an image from the GRD i was reminded again how much better the JPEGs are than the GRDII. it's starting to make me cranky!
GRD jpegs are indeed really sweet.
But I've so little experience with RAW, I am not the one to judge.
The 40 is very much a 'still life' type of lens.
Hmmmmm.
Perhaps not.
Using it more will tell the tale.
I have shot some people shots this day but have to get permission to post them.
I will try to get more Sunday as well.
All I can say, is that it does make for a more 'detached' view than the up-close-and-personal 28/21mm does.
Also, Ricoh *really* did their homework on these add-on lenses.
The IQ is outstanding.
I still may get a GX-100, but it is not so pressing now.
:)

cam

i got mine today, doing the happy dance! put it on my GRD and it's good to go... if it ever stops pissing outside. seriously big piece of glass but i like it. it feels good! it will be a different shooting experience, but i'm looking forward to it.

Lili

i got mine today, doing the happy dance! put it on my GRD and it's good to go... if it ever stops pissing outside. seriously big piece of glass but i like it. it feels good! it will be a different shooting experience, but i'm looking forward to it.
Congrats!!!! I know you'll love it!
In Dallas we've brilliant sun, a chill and howling wind, and a flu relapse.
This is the first day this week without fever, still exhausted tho :(

cam

oh, you poor thing! stay in, get well, you know the drill... the one this year i particularly nasty. you really have to get over it or it comes back to bite you. sleep sweetly!

Lili

oh, you poor thing! stay in, get well, you know the drill... the one this year i particularly nasty. you really have to get over it or it comes back to bite you. sleep sweetly!
thanks I am taking care :)