The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

Thorkil

Thanks Don.
Yes I can see you are doing some very nice pictures with that little Fuji, I'll try to make life cosy around the GRD4's so long...
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thorkil,
I'll never make 30 days without the GRD4.....soooo... soon some more stuff posted but don't let that stop you....

Thorkil

Good to hear Don, happy X-mas!
Thorkil
(dont know when I'll hit "Istedgade", perhaps between christmas and newyear or after, we'll see)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Good to hear Don, happy X-mas!
Thorkil
(dont know when I'll hit "Istedgade", perhaps between christmas and newyear or after, we'll see)
Istedgade is the "South Street" of Vesterbro, correct? Enjoy the holidays and be safe....but be adventurous....

Thorkil

It is sort of going right through the middle of Vesterbro, I've been working there for several years, but I guess one have to take care if you are taking pictures of pushers, then you might better ask before. It all depends of when I unnoticed can sneak out, and pray not to be phoned at... :). 10-20 years before Copenhagen was sort of a peacefull city in general, but also here things have been getting more rough. And before people were more equal in our sociaty, for now the top and the bottum are getting more and more devided,...and thats a shame...the society are splitting apart, and that tax-denying thing have also come here to our little country, shame. So more rough, more insecure, at many levels, unfortunatly. Selfishness is the new worldwide virus. (Sorry)

Thorkil

Wonderful shots, Don! Indeed! Wonderful tones! And this light(!) in the first picture.
I was down Istedgade the other day, but didn't succeed in "normal" pictures. I knew it would be harder, so I just have to practice a bit more. You are keeping the camera around your neck in a strap I guess. I just keep it in my right hand, so it's a bit odd swinging it out for hasty hipshots, trigger should then be placed in the other end, like it to be invisible.
But then manual is a no-go, have to be aperture-mode.
Best
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wonderful shots, Don! Indeed! Wonderful tones! And this light(!) in the first picture.
I was down Istedgade the other day, but didn't succeed in "normal" pictures. I knew it would be harder, so I just have to practice a bit more. You are keeping the camera around your neck in a strap I guess. I just keep it in my right hand, so it's a bit odd swinging it out for hasty hipshots, trigger should then be placed in the other end, like it to be invisible.
But then manual is a no-go, have to be aperture-mode.
Best
Thorkil
Thanks Thorkil.... The only time I use the camera on a neck strap is when the 21mm adapter is on and not always then. I prefer a Luigi's wrist strap. I also use the right hand but think about the Brian Mosely Method of left hand mounting. He's right. If the camera is in the left hand, then the controls are accessible to the right hand at all times.

I use the GRD4 in "M" mode 95% of the time with Auto ISO. This way I can choose the aperture and shutter speed and the camera selects the ISO. It works best for me and I have never missed a shot due to exposure......

The above photos are from a Commission I got to do Public Transportation.

Your turn to post photos.........

Thorkil

I've tried it M-mode, in Istedgade, but it seems something goes wrong, I use to do the Auto-Hi mode with change-shutter set at 1/60, instead of plain Auto, but it seems to give some problems, but plain Auto gives too low shutterspeed instead of turning Iso up. More practice.
I'm waiting for Jack to make me becoming subscriber so I can load more pictures in my album, but perhaps he's out in a distant valley, who knows.
I'll give the M-mode and Istedgade another try.
Meanwhile I could post some of the bad ones.
And I think I'll have to go raw too.
Thorkil
ps. I'll think about a Luigi wrist strap, or perhaps that holding in left hand using right thump..
good with some commision-work, perhaps you also ought to do some exhibition-work.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thorkil,..... Listen my street brother....
Forget camera settings and letting them make you nuts.....
Your photos show you know what your after and know how to get it....

On being a subscriber....this is the only board that must survive and thrive....
Congrats ....

Thorkil

Thorkil,..... Listen my street brother....
Forget camera settings and letting them make you nuts.....
Your photos show you know what your after and know how to get it....

On being a subscriber....this is the only board that must survive and thrive....
Congrats ....
...thanks :)
might take a cup at Istedgade tomorrow.
You should see some of the old café's in inner Copenhagen, some of them is like stepping 100 years back in time, an od an exiting feeling.
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
It's been maybe 10 years since I was there. Great place to work over and over.....

On another note...the Fuji X10 made 5 weeks. I took the GRD4 out Friday and today and when I got home, I sent the X10 back. It's a very serious problem I have with the GRD4...it retires cameras faster then old age.

I look forward to more of your work and anyone else that wants to post.......
I'll be back on schedule right about now......

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here are three contributions. Stretching "street" to the limit, but very much gdr iv.
Have to keep this thread going, Thorkil and Don - this forum needs an ongoing grd thread with a bit of substance to it :D. Love your posts.

Keith

"Street Museum"

"Street Match"

"Street Flowers"

Thorkil

You have been here, Don. Okay. For my part, I never get tired of that city, and it has a lot of dimensions, sort of endles. Specially the inner part, where I lived while studying(before the world went wrong etc.). Yes the GRD....just have to get "foot" on normal pictures, and unnormal pictures are so wonderfull easy to pull out of it.(I have considering being a little unfaithfull, buying a Pentax K-30 + a Sigma 10-20mm, just for working-pictures, staircases with little light etc., but I'll wait), the grd gives the same funny, inspiring and challinging wonder-what-will-turn-out feeling, like the M6 did.

Thanks for contributing Keith!, with "normal" and unnormal pics., like them!
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Keith, these old eyez see nothing un-normal in your vision, never did...Nice photos and please post more.....

Thorkil..... more photos this afternoon as I'm heading out.....