The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD4 Street Images

jtwloh

Thorkil, you have posted some good shots from the Verona series. Kind of a mini documentary on the facial expression that reflects the human condition.

Don, your work is always thoughtful.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys for everything. Special thanks to Thorkil for the promise of getting me n M9...hmmmmm

I used the format for the questions like I do on forums. It was a hard decision but the reason is.... The readers can compare the same or similar question and answer from each shooter. It allows a broad way of comparing thoughts about a given subject.

The next issue will show a new added format for the interviews. Thanks for the support, it is much appreciated.
don

Thorkil

:)

Thorkil
(ps. for my part I havn't any opinion on your question-form yet, while I havn't read your interviews yet, but I will do somewhat later on)

Last edited:

jtwloh

The imminent release of the new Ricoh GR is definitely going to make alot of people excited! Though the reviews and verdicts of the performance are not available yet, having an APS-C sensor itself is causing many to salivate already. With the "rumoured" sell price of USD800 does make it look more attractive than the Nikon A series (at least on paper).

However, I am still hoping/waiting for something small with a built-in viewfinder (OVF or EVF).

Nevertheless, great to hear Ricoh launching some new product.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Allrighty... I'm Pre-Ordered, whatever that means, at a store. They say Mid May but I'll never make that. A month, I think not.....

It seems that it is not an upgrade from the GRD4, nothing really could be. I am looking at this like new camera same as if it were M43. I will not sell my GRD4. It's too darn good.

The above statements are Pre-Thoughts not Thoughts....
don

Thorkil

Will not sell the IV either. But the V will help me to be both a working Tool in darker rooms and Places and in the sparetime. But when it goes to 25.000 it can’t make those crazy burned out sensor-cliff-hanging-struggling grainy Pictures.
But I guess I'll then have to, some day, to see if I can manage to learn about lightroom.
Thorkil
(but some IV Pictures here, Don...)

Thorkil

very nice soft colours, the first, Don (like the flow and the lines, together with a strong and beauty face-close-up)!
The second I can't see
The third is just taken from a scary horrorpicture from the thirties....
Thorkil

Thorkil

Okay, Don
I like your colours. The first smooth und unreal in a quit way, the second more weird, but still in a nice way. At the most, (or often, or sometimes) colours are at their best when they are interpreted on their own unreal way, but carefully avoiding the overdone (HDR etc. etc) way. That, these are avoiding in a splendid way!
Thorkil

Last edited:
Don: Really like all of them (from your last post) for different reasons. But all of them have something yet unseen in this way. If I had to choose my favorites would be the second one (in color) and on par the last one, in B&W. Both particularly for the somewhat unreal look and feel plus great composition in case of the last one. And for me all of them have a message I'm interested in. Very, very well done!

jtwloh

Getting very quiet here lately.
I don't have alot of time to look at the photos I have taken, mostly just snapshots of things I see as I do my things.
So below is another from the power grid series, with in camera high-contrast B&W filter.

Electricity & development. by Justin Loh, on Flickr