The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Along the Silk Trail

rayyan

We have been on the road for sometime now..along parts of the Silk Trail. the grand children and my daughter and me.

The M8 rangefinder has taken a hit along the rough roads. So has my back.
I am left with what the kids had, the iPhone, iPad, a Kodak p&s and fun.

It was a journey to teach the kids about history and get a chance to talk once again to the stones!

V

Vivek

Rayyan, Where exactly is it from (the stones)? The trail covers a lot of countries.

rayyan

Rayyan, Where exactly is it from (the stones)? The trail covers a lot of countries.
Vivek and Ben thanks.

Vivek, we are moving across turkey. Bosporus into the Marmara sea into the Black sea. Postponed going further east towards the east, south east borders.

This is following the golden fleece with Jason!

Forgot, I do have my wife's D-lux4. It is doing great job for us.

Thanks for looking in.

rayyan

And the families that invited us in their homes..the farmers who shared their bread with us, the travelers ..

rayyan

Passing Istabul through the Marmara sea....the way the Argonauts must have
done, if legends are true. Without the Minarets of course to look at!

rayyan

Internationally acknowledged to be the best example of Byzantine Frescoes in the world..

My photography cannot do justice to these marvelous works of art.

rayyan

The old Silk Route while arduous in many places, it also traverses fertile lands,
and valleys.

Along the route lie signs of settlements during B.C. era. No wonder.

Lush green, fertile as fertile can be, gorgeous panoramas...

Resting in an eatery at one place...

Plucking peaches before sunset at a farm along the route..