The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

In some way you seem to have resized them to a width of only 500 pixels.

Maybe your iPad software does this automatically for you when you save the tweaked files ?
Take a close look at the available options when saving an image file on your iPad.
You ought to be able to choose the file size yourself.

Just a couple of suggestions since it is a bit summer-quiet here at the moment.
I have no iPad so I'm not really qualified to solve the mystery.

fordfanjpn

Thanks for the reply. Although I edited the one image on the iPad, I uploaded the files to Flickr from my computer, at full size. I don't know why the links only go to a small version. Oh well, I guess I just need to study more. :(

Bill

In some way you seem to have resized them to a width of only 500 pixels.

Maybe your iPad software does this automatically for you when you save the tweaked files ?
Take a close look at the available options when saving an image file on your iPad.
You ought to be able to choose the file size yourself.

Just a couple of suggestions since it is a bit summer-quiet here at the moment.
I have no iPad so I'm not really qualified to solve the mystery.

m_driscoll

A few from the other day. Sweet little camera.

RX100; 36.58mm; 1/100s @ f/5; ISO 200

RX100; 31.83mm; 1/800s @ f/7.1; ISO 125

RX100; 10.4mm; 1/125s @ f/8; ISO 125

RX100; 37.1mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 125

RX100; 21.29mm; 1/320s @ f/8; ISO 125

RX100; 37.1mm; 1/800s @ f/5.6; ISO 125

RX100; 10.4mm; 1/640s @ f/5.6; ISO 125

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

C

curious80

Thanks for the reply. Although I edited the one image on the iPad, I uploaded the files to Flickr from my computer, at full size. I don't know why the links only go to a small version. Oh well, I guess I just need to study more. :(

Bill
When you get the share link from flickr, it asks you which size you want to share at and gives you different links based on that. You have most probably just selected the small share link.

ashwinrao1

Great stuff, everyone. Loved the series overhead by Ewe and Matt's lovely city scapes...

Nice "flower" Bill, and lovely capture of the ornate handle...

DaveO

The colors of the first picture of the boats has great color. I'm impressed by this little camera. It's at the top of my list if the D 400 doesn't come out soon.

jonoslack

Boo Hiss you lot are dreadful.

Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

I blame you lot - it's all your fault :cussing::banghead::angry::argue:
:ROTFL:

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I blame you lot - it's all your fault

Better check the damage you do here all the time :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Had quite decided I didn't want one, and I just popped in to my local fixer for a battery, mentioned the camera and one was quickly thrust into my sweaty mitts . . . rather nice I thought, and before I could stop myself out popped the card.

My wife got so fed up with me she sent me to military school for anti-GAS training. After holding out on the OMD this RX-100 is easy. She also took my credit card away

Keith

jonoslack

>I blame you lot - it's all your fault

Better check the damage you do here all the time :)
Hi Uwe, I was aware of the terrible irony . . . on the other hand you're a fine one to talk! I'm a minor danger compared to you!

My wife got so fed up with me she sent me to military school for anti-GAS training. After holding out on the OMD this RX-100 is easy. She also took my credit card away

Keith
HI Keith
Holding out on the OMD is just plain masochism - not sure about this little camera - When I got home from work Emma dragged me straight onto a horse, camera shake is a real issue on a horse . . . :deadhorse:

The other problem, is that SAM can tell when the camera comes out, and realises that he can nab a mouthful with impunity . . . or else make a dash for home :bugeyes:

Still, here is a first posting:

This one was taken in the garden after we got home

All jpgs, as Aperture doesn't support the camera yet

all the best

Terry

I haven't been on line for days and I come back to this???:facesmack::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: