The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
..I think I've found a use for the watercolour method :D

It's great for pictures from a train. Did these on a short run from Stroud to Swindon, a beautiful run up the side of a valley on to agricultural goings on at the top and light industry on the outskirts of Swindon.

Looks great on foliage and skies and rose bay willow herb and cows and the buildings on the roundabout pic are lovely.

If nothing else, I can put to good use those 100 sheets of postcard size printing paper that I got free with my last ink purchase.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
/]streetshooter.us[/url],

I would rather this camera not do what it does so easy. It's a hard thing not to always have it around.....[/QUOTE]

Sure is. :thumbup:.

"The line that must not be crossed".

Last edited:

jonoslack

Re: Sony RX100 - Case

Just got a cheap Ebay leather case for the RX100 that works realy well. £8, so about US$13 I would guess.

That looks like a classic 'never ready'

I use this one . . .

I got it free with a v-lux20 a few years ago, so I guess I have £8 on you :ROTFL:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I'd like to change this baby for a different one please, this one keeps pi$$ing everywhere...

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

What an absolutely fascinating debate about camera cases :banghead: (been wanting to use the headbanger for a while!)

The Red Arrows fliers have developed a new manoeuvre. One of their pilots has a granny whose birthday it is today. In her honour they did this.

The RX100 has pretty short reaction time. Uncropped.

"Red Arrows - The Granny Tribute Manoeuvre 2012".

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
>What an absolutely fascinating debate about camera cases (been wanting to use the headbanger for a while!)

We need the MTF for these cases :)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
>What an absolutely fascinating debate about camera cases (been wanting to use the headbanger for a while!)

We need the MTF for these cases :)
Uwe,

I would perhaps go 'Ho Ho' if I knew WTF MTF meant.

Magnetised target fusion?
Move to front transfer?
Meet the future?
Microsoft tape format?
Modulation tape format?

In the meantime, for your next set of 'Aerials', it's 'Chocks Away'.

"Tiger Moth".

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Don, much appreciated,

It was a great day for Nostalgia Buffs at Kemble aerodrome in Gloucestershire.

Even something for the car fetishists.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

ZoranC

I would suspect the glow is with the Zeiss Sonnar design, that gives the glow wide open. Great concept for a small sensor cam! While everyone is going for absolute sharpness, it wonderful to see some alternate thinking that gives some personality to an otherwise high MP sharp image :)
If we for a second forget emotions that come up with "Leica glow" can anybody please tell me what technical behaviors are most common culprit for such "glow"?