The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

ustein

Contributing Editor
>in Philadelphia, USA....there would be a slight issue on the streets.

I am hardly in any bigger cities these days and SF would be no problem.

HamSammich

SF is my favorite city on earth. But I've walked down streets where I've seen such things hanging, and not from cameras.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
.. have posted almost no upright pics here, but this is one of Christ Church in Cheltenham, which always presents a wonderful visage..
LR3 & Nik C/E..

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thank you very much, Paul.

Here's a man with a folding bike.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Millsart

I'd like to report great success using the Carry Speed filter ring and a 46-49mm step up filter. Many weren't pleased with the CPL quality and/or that lack of threads to use their own filter. Well you can simply take it apart, get a $3 step up ring, 46-XX of your choice and some super glue and have just what we hoped this product could of been all along

As you can see, the little outer lip on the red part just happens to perfectly fit inside the 46mm male outer thread.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4773/cheesy1.jpg

I added a few spots of superglue to the magnetic ring itself and sandwiched it back between the red and black parts, and then added some glue around the lip of the red part and stuck it all together.

Now I've got 49mm threads on the front I can use anything from my filter collection with and that sticks on/off with the built in magnet. The little metal part that sticks to the front barrel is so slim you don't even know its there when your not using a filter.

I'm seeing no vignetting even with 2 stacked filters at 28mm equiv as well.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1733/filtersf.jpg

All and all I couldn't be happier with this product!

Jolly

I am a new owner of the RX100.

Coming from a Xpro1 I had to set the jpg of the RX100

-3 color
-3 contrast

:)

What is really amazing in the little RX100 is the video

Amazing for a such little toy ...