The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

Hi

if some of you used the Fuji x100 and the Sony RX100, how would you compare both for IQ at ISO 1600 and 3200 for the criterias

1. Noise
2. DR
3. Colours

Thanks

OlliL

Hi

if some of you used the Fuji x100 and the Sony RX100, how would you compare both for IQ at ISO 1600 and 3200 for the criterias

1. Noise
2. DR
3. Colours

Thanks
Totally unscientific, but:

X100 von oliverleschke auf Flickr

RX100 von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Both set to ISO 1600, P-Mode, AWB

Exifs are gone...thanks FlickrStackr :rolleyes:

What can be seen (I think)

- both have an acceptable DR
The Fuji is a little better, when you look at the highlights (TV) and darker areas (lower right)

- Noise isn't an issue with either

- AWB is off with the Sony, the Fuji replicates the lighting much more appropriately

Totally unscientific, but:

Mode, AWB

Exifs are gone...thanks FlickrStackr :rolleyes:

What can be seen (I think)

- both have an acceptable DR
The Fuji is a little better, when you look at the highlights (TV) and darker areas (lower right)

- Noise isn't an issue with either

- AWB is off with the Sony, the Fuji replicates the lighting much more appropriately

If you look at the flowers on the top, I think the x100 is significantly better. But on the lower right hand corner, this is not the case. Might be because it is not the same crop, so one is more at the edge of the lens the other one more in the middle...

OlliL

That they aren't exactly en par, should be expected.
Sensor size, plus the fixed focal length are in any case a plus, when you compare only the IQ.
It has to be said, that the DOF is a lot smaller with the Fuji and the lower right is "more" OOF, than on the Sony.
Both are focused on the right cabinet door.

Some shots from a business trip this week. The electronic level works really well for quick architectural grabs. And the dynamic range of this little camera continues to impress...

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Just posting this from yesterday as an excuse to say Happy New Year.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Rawfa

Man, some nice stuff around here. I´m really looking forward to getting my hands on this camera...then again this happens to me with a bunch of cameras :)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Trygve,

I'd love one of those old Citroens, a beautiful car well ahead of its time.
The 1st of that design/shape started life in 1955!
Here is another old car from the mid 50s, a Ford Prefect.
This was definitely NOT ahead of its time.
3 forward gears, top speed of 71 mph and a 0-60mph time of 32.2 seconds!
I learned to drive in one of these in 1960:D.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

tbhv55

Here is another old car from the mid 50s, a Ford Prefect.
This was definitely NOT ahead of its time.
3 forward gears, top speed of 71 mph and a 0-60mph time of 32.2 seconds!
LOL... one of my brothers had one of these in the late 1960s (actually, he had the Anglia version in the same body shape), and you're so right - it certainly wasn't ahead of its time!!

The gap in ratios between 2nd and 3rd gears was vast, and the windscreen wipers were powered by a weird vacuum system powered from the engine... the wipers would operate very slowly when accelerating, and then very quickly when the throttle was lifted:bugeyes:. A very strange idea...

Thanks for posting - I had a good laugh remembering it!