The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Two old disused railway tunnels near to where I live, which had been part of the old Dorset & Somerset steam line (closed in 1966), were re-opened at the weekend as part of a cycle/walk way. One is about a mile long and is longest cycle tunnel in GB.

Local bigwigs performed an opening ceremony, and the Samba band played on...

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Haha, intentional (I think):D

Here's another, shot this afternoon.

"Football in the Penalty Area".

FA cup semi-final, Wembley, 2013, Manchester City v Chelsea.

tbhv55

Another good one. Two out-of-focus shots on the trot... definitely intentional, and possibly a "style"! (Unless, of course, you're just making a lot of mistakes...;):D)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Ah, I've been sussed.

It might be a way of image making to put aside 'til one cannot get out and about with ease!

Nevertheless on the way back from Beijing I dropped in to the Indian Cricket League and ended up with this rather ridiculous shot.

"Cricket Ball in Front of the Bangalore Floodlights".

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Great way to photograph clouds.

Shot in 'high contrast mono' mode and a bit of blue added in iPhoto, and not much else really!

I want to jump into the clouds.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

This is the straight stretch of the longest of the 2 recently re-opened tunnels used as cycle/walk way. (Google 'two tunnels greenway' to find out more).

It is a magical experience cycling through the tunnels, and there is even some soft ambient music playing quietly in a few places along the way.

I've cycled it a few times and the route ends at a pub!

This is 3200 ASA, 1/5th @ f4.9 with longest zoom.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.