The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
That's an interesting way of looking at it! It might be an interesting exercise to carry out the same calculation for a few other cameras...;)
Would love to, but I've just reached a crucial point in my latest game of 'Pick up Sticks', so I'm rather busy.

Photojazz

Gandolfi, when I first saw that thumbnail photo of yours, I thought it said "Giant Panty Shop". ROFL Perhaps I should have my eyes checked... I guess there could be a giant panty shop though, lol.

tbhv55

That brings back memories!

It's slightly strange... I would have expected the advertising hoarding to have the same picture that the labels on the bottles had, but no matter - it's still a nice trip down memory lane :). Thanks for posting...:thumbup:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just going through back files.

Good clarity and detail and colour on this.

Behind glass. 400 ASA. 1/30 @ 2.8.

These little porcelain statues are both Will.i.am S.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I must be Trigger-happy (like Roy Rogers:))

These from today, all 80 ASA.

Lovely whites, always AWB.

Cropping and straightening and minor 'Jiggery Pokery' in iPhoto.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
"In a shady nook, by a babbling brook,
'mid the flow'rs, I spend hours, ev'ry day;
that old shady nook, and that babbling brook,
they're my mem'rys book...."

tbhv55

"In a shady nook, by a babbling brook,
'mid the flow'rs, I spend hours, ev'ry day;
that old shady nook, and that babbling brook,
they're my mem'rys book...."
Nice image, with lovely words to match.:thumbup:

What is this verse? It seems vaguely familiar, but I'm unable to recall its origin.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
What is this verse? It seems vaguely familiar, but I'm unable to recall its origin.
Google the 1st line for the lyrics of this fifties song which you're probably too young to remember being played on the BBC Light Programme on an old valve radio!

On youtube you can hear it being sung by Donald Peers:clap::)

Ah, those were the days......

tbhv55

you're probably too young to remember being played on the BBC Light Programme on an old valve radio!
Well, I'm very pleased - it appears that I give off a deceptive aura of youthfulness! ;)
However, the sad reality is that I'm old enough to remember the Light Programme... and, of course, the Home Service...:D

Anyway, I Googled it and found the song. I'm sure that I have heard it before, although I certainly didn't know it very well.:)