The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

Howard

You probably have seen the new upgrade to the RX100 that will be available in a few weeks. Not only does it have a hot shoe, a rotating LCD, but according to IR it is one stop more sensitive than the RX100. Sony has a winner in the RX100, it has a bigger winner in the RX100 II.

marlof

The Mark II announcement made Mark I drop in price enough for me to see what all the fuzz is about. It's nice to have more control over your day to day snaps, that were previously taken with an iPhone.

At the movies by Marlof Bregonje, on Flickr

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I've been a bit unwell recently.

Here's a strand of spider silk among the dying thistle.

Fragility and strength.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

mazor

You probably have seen the new upgrade to the RX100 that will be available in a few weeks. Not only does it have a hot shoe, a rotating LCD, but according to IR it is one stop more sensitive than the RX100. Sony has a winner in the RX100, it has a bigger winner in the RX100 II.
I am not sure about the Rx100ii, based on comparisons from imaging resource, the RX100ii seems to not handle red textures as well as the RX100. Also the RX100 has a much nicer overall natural look. The RX100ii seems to have less noise but also seems to have a "plastic" feel to the image. Thats my opinion, but please feel free to compare and comment too.

tbhv55

I've been a bit unwell recently.
gandolfi, sorry to hear this, but glad to see you back in action.:thumbs: Only recently, I was browsing this thread, and found myself wondering why you hadn't been posting... hope you're back to full strength soon (or already).

Looking forward to seeing the results of your RX100 back in full-time action, too!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks Mazor and Tim,

Health more or less back to normal, but to add to my woes iPhoto went crash and all photos have emigrated to a black hole and now I have to go look for them (they are there somewhere I think). So perhaps a few more days before I'm up and running at full speed!.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

mazor

I know it is a bit off topic, but do you use Apple time machine? If you really cannot find the images, you may be able to recover them from a backup.

tbhv55

Glad to hear that you're getting back to good health. :thumbs:
Not so good to hear about your lost photos... good luck with recovering them. :)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I wasn't sufficiently confident to look for the lost pics myself so took my iMac to nice Apple shop in Bath called Farpoint Developments and they found and restored my iPhoto library for no charge. Kudos to them.

No Mazor I hadn't set up time machine so my next job is to back up all my pics!!

Cheers,

Gandolfi.