The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Tim.

For another view of that great year you should watch the first 5 minutes (or all of it!) of the Shell film of the 1955 Belgian G.P. on You Tube.

Then compare it with this weekend's upcoming U.S.G.P. Different worlds.

Here's a 1960 Cooper which will accommodate the fuller figure:D

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

tbhv55

Here's a 1960 Cooper which will accommodate the fuller figure:D
:ROTFL:This reminds me of a picture of Ken Clarke at a photo opportunity (about 15 years ago), when he attempted to get into a single-seater race car, and got stuck. Of course, it turned into an "opportunity" for ridicule, as so often happens when politicians try this kind of stunt...;):D

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL:This reminds me of a picture of Ken Clarke at a photo opportunity (about 15 years ago), when he attempted to get into a single-seater race car, and got stuck. Of course, it turned into an "opportunity" for ridicule, as so often happens when politicians try this kind of stunt...;):D
'Ridicule' and 'politician' in the same sentence? Shurely shome mishtake:D

He certainly would not have fitted into this pretty little Lotus 25 with which Jim Clark won the world championship in 1963.

Clark completed 4 Grand Prix in a row using the same set of tyres. This weekend in Austin the tyres will have been designed to fall apart after a dozen laps:wtf:

The mechanic with his hand on the roll over bar was one of the team which worked on these cars back in the day.

tbhv55

'Ridicule' and 'politician' in the same sentence? Shurely shome mishtake:D
No mishtake, because I read it in the (continued Page 94...) ;):D

He certainly would not have fitted into this pretty little Lotus 25 with which Jim Clark won the world championship in 1963.
Now there was a real driver!

Clark completed 4 Grand Prix in a row using the same set of tyres. This weekend in Austin the tyres will have been designed to fall apart after a dozen laps:wtf:
Quite...:(

The mechanic with his hand on the roll over bar was one of the team which worked on these cars back in the day.
Excellent! Were these taken at Goodwood?

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I waited for someone to come in through the door eating a ham panini but my train arrived and I had to fade the scene.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Ta for likes Tim.

Here a couple of riveting snaps:D

An old steam engine boiler is the perfect subject matter to demonstrate this fine little camera's capabilities at 3200 ASA.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Groan!! Awful joke - nice shot, though...:)
ah ha. Actually I sometimes think that my jokes, pound for pound, get more 'likes' than my snaps. Must be doing something wrong.

However, like you, Queen Victoria was not amused. (Cropped 3200 ASA)

mazor

gandolfi, love the art of the brick wall, it creates an impressive backdrop for the buildings surrounding. Also some nice architectural shots is Bristol, well done

tbhv55

A few in Bristol. (tickled in iPhoto).
I agree with mazor, and I particularly like the first three. The curved bridge/walkway is probably my pic(k);) of the bunch.:)

I rather like the processing - nicely understated and avoiding oversaturation. This suits that type of city architecture shot, IMHO. What sort of "tickling" in iPhoto did you use, and were you working on Raw files or Jpegs?

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Mazor,

Thanks. Bristol seems to have a lot of graffiti/street art, and here and there some snappy architecture too. I still have no reason to change cameras, tho' there are some other nice little ones like Ricoh GR, Nikon A and new Panasonic GM1 (the body of which is smaller than my RX100!) Also if phones keep improving like your Nokias, that's all we'll ever need!

Tim- still I only shoot Jpegs. Tickling in iPhoto is mainly detail, shadow and highlight, and sharpening. Sometimes I add a bit of contrast. I usually find myself sliding sliders between 10% and 40%.

Also I recently bought the Sony stick on grip for £9.99.

Here are some 2 wheelers.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.