The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
The grip is the AG-R1 and I got mine from the Sony Centre in Bath. It is a good add-on and does not affect pocketability.

Those old bikes were at Goodwood last year!

Cheers.

tbhv55

Nice - I like the atmosphere. Any unusual processing that you'd care to share?
BTW... looks like Bear Flats, if I'm not mistaken...? :)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Nice - I like the atmosphere. Any unusual processing that you'd care to share?
BTW... looks like Bear Flats, if I'm not mistaken...? :)
Ta. By the time I've finished manipulating a pic and pressed 'save to desktop' I never quite know what I've done:D.

But I've generally overslid the sliders for contrast and structure, added a bucket of grain and some vignette plus burn edges and a wee bit of toning and that's it!

And yes Bear Flat it is:thumbup:.

Cheers.

tbhv55

You do get around to some interesting places!

I like this set - my favourite being the "I love Paris" T-shirt girl next to the billboards. Atmospheric, and the processing is just right, to my eye...:thumbup:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks,

I was after the 'feel' of a post war Cinecitta film still - perhaps something starring Anna Magnani;)

Starting with the tea the locations are Oxford (Ashmolean), Swindon (Steam museum) and Siena.

This one is through the ramparts at San Gimignano. This one at f11 - don't go that tiny very often!

tbhv55

This one is through the ramparts at San Gimignano. This one at f11 - don't go that tiny very often!
Some serious DoF at f/11 on a small(ish) sensor!

I always enjoy your holiday photos... they enable me to travel vicariously. This offers enormous cost benefits for me - although, sadly, none whatsoever for you...!!;):p:)