The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

pjphoto59

Went on the beach yesterday with my RX100, managed to shoot the windfarm using the Panorama function. To my mind the panoramas it produces are too long. Managed to get all 27 turbines and crop it to a good shape...

pjphoto59

Haha, yes indeed, but size ain't everything:D
This is the smallest pier in the country;)
We have one about the same size as that, but very much less elegant. Ours is the stump of the old Coatham Pier and is now the Regent Cinema, still in a poor state after taking a beating in the storm last December 5th. It was used for filming the bar scene in the "Atonement" film in 2006. I'll post a picture when I find or make one.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Excellent! Well done, especially number 2 - the bloke on the bike is a master stroke.
Thanks a lot:)
I think the cyclist is taking a short cut across the beach to catch up with the 2 guys in this pic, who raced through Bradford on Avon on Friday in the Tour of Britain bike race. (all the way from Bath to Hemel Hempstead, flat out in a few hours, phew!)
This is just the top left quarter of the image as I committed the cardinal error of failing to look at the camera screen so a lot of my pics were 75% tarmac. I stopped down to f11 to give 1/100 sec. shutter which just about rescued the image!

pjphoto59

Thanks a lot:)
I think the cyclist is taking a short cut across the beach to catch up with the 2 guys in this pic, who raced through Bradford on Avon on Friday in the Tour of Britain bike race. (all the way from Bath to Hemel Hempstead, flat out in a few hours, phew!)
This is just the top left quarter of the image as I committed the cardinal error of failing to look at the camera screen so a lot of my pics were 75% tarmac. I stopped down to f11 to give 1/100 sec. shutter which just about rescued the image!
Getting a usable picture of cycle racing with an RX100, excellent stuff!

Now back to the pier, you have shown me yours so here is mine. Rather unpromising light this misty morning.

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/7/6/_dsc3923-bw.jpg

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
That's a pier??!! Looks rather derelict and liable to be washed away when the high tides of global warming really kick in.
I was out yesterday shooting with the in-camera soft function and got some dreamy pics with creamy bokeh.
All completely un-tampered with save for some minor cropping and mostly shot wide open.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks Mazor,
I have the original mark 1, still a great camera.
I really have no need to change, but I shall be taking a look at the new Panasonic LX100 when it is released. It is not very much larger, height and width, than my old LX3, but is larger from front to rear, so I shall wait and see.
Here are some chalked words seen while walking home.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

mazor

I heard the mk1 with FSI sensor has sightly better IQ ver the mk ii and iii with BSI sensors, although for low light the BSI is meant to be better for high ISO.