The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Mikal,
I bought the Sony grip from The Sony Store here in U.K. many moons ago.
About £9 I seem to remember.
Cheap as chips and safe as houses!
A must have.
As they used to say down on Madison Avenue, "This grip will completely transform your life".

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

rayyan

A behind the scenes look at the restoration work being carried out on the
Terracota warriors in Xian...

mazor

works good Mikal Grass. I must ask though where you got your "Rx100vii"! Did you use a time machine to get one? ;)

MikalWGrass

Thank you for the likes. Mazor, it is the RX100M2. I used the v for version but I now see that I used at as the number 7 for the seventh generation. I experimented with all kinds of filters in the VSCO package, and that photo looked the best. I am not embarrassed to say that I hate post processing because I know only a few tricks, but I know I need to learn more. Alot of the water polo players are used to me skulking around with a camera so I am now a part of the scenery. I will post more in the regular Sony forum when the rest are processed. Thanks again.

MikalWGrass

G, Thank you for the kind words. My main camera for the action was the Sony a900 with the Sony 70-200/2.8G and the 1.4x extender (sometimes). I don't have too many more, if any decent shots with that camera, but my wife and I are in Savannah, GA. I have that camera and an M6 with 50/1.4 'lux. Already shot some stuff at 11 pm at 12800. I will post when processed.

MikalWGrass

Savannah, GA. The first is a photo of a freighter entering the port after 11 pm. The second is a shot of a freighter almost out of the port. This was shot from my hotel room balcony in the morning. Yes, cropped and slightly saturated. The third photo is of an alleyway while we were on a ghost tour. I didn't fix any of the noise in the nighttime photos. This little camera is really a low light beast. Thank you in advance for the likes.

SavannahFreighter by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

SavannahFromRoomCrop by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

SavannahAlley by Mikal Grass, on Flickr