The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I thought this lion at Bristol Zoo looked very leonine.
Shot through glass. 800 ASA. Zoomed. 1/250 @ 4.9. Processed with Nil Col Efex. Just a point and shoot safari snap!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
2 more.
In case anyone interested, filters used in Col Efex were.
Digital Extractor, bleach bypass, duplex, low key, vignette lens, and image borders. Lots of slider sliding.:)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
They put me in here.
They said " Walk up and down this twig, and just try to blend into the background. "
I mean, what sort of a life is that.

tbhv55

You're churning out great shots again, gandolfi. For me, the wing-walkers, sandcastle, and the 'twig-walker' steal the show. You've also certainly got the measure of that color efex software... some very nice effects in there. :thumbup:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Ta Tim,
I shot yesterday using 1600 ASA all the time, and sometimes before I stopped the lens down an image would be way over-exposed but interesting looking. So I took a few pics and they looked like this.