The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX100 - getting started

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I was in Beziers, Languedoc, France last Sunday and was fortunate to stumble, 'par hazard', into this captivating ceremony/thanksgiving for the Vine and the Wine, taking place in the Cathedrale Sainte Nazaire. Speeches and singing then process through an arch of vines...
Tourist style jPegs manoeuvred in iPhoto.
ps Belated thanks for the likes.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Merci beaucoup, Cindy.

I also went to Arles, but some guy by the name of Vincent had been there before me and had absolutely cornered the market in fridge magnets:).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You really know how to work that little camera!:thumbs: I just got one yesterday. I have been looking for a camera to fit in my purse, ever since I parted with my A6000, and I was inspired by all of the photos in the RX100 threads to get one. RX100 and I are just getting acquainted. I hope to start joining in the threads soon.

Merci beaucoup, Cindy.

I also went to Arles, but some guy by the name of Vincent had been there before me and had absolutely cornered the market in fridge magnets:).

Brian Mosley

Congratulations Cindy,

I'm really impressed with mine - looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing pics!

Kind regards

Brian

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Arles is very photo friendly.
There is a well known annual photofest Les rencontres d'Arles in the summer.
You should google that if for no other reason than to see from this summer's gig an amazing find which is a Native American version of Romeo and Juliet filmed in 1914 by Edward S Curtis.
How amazing is that!!!!! Did anyone know of that? There is an 11 minute extract on that website.
It played at night in the Teatro Antica with experimental music-imagine that after a Pernod or two.
This b/w pic is publicity for an upcoming show at the Musee Reattu.
It is Henry Moore's hand snapped by Richard Avedon.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
gandolfi, The photos from Aries are all beautiful. I really like the old doorways and the graffiti. The city looks to be a treasure-trove of photographic subjects.