The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some DL4 in tough light

nostatic

A rain fit of rain in SoCal, so of course the g/f and I hopped on my bike and headed up the coast. A few shots with the DLux4 trying to capture a spectacular sunset. I'm still struggling with the raw conversion (C1 isn't making friends with me), but that'll get solved on way or another...turns out that the DNG files out of C1 get corrupted, at least when I view them in Aperture. *sigh*

Last edited:

Joan

Very nice shots, love the colors in the first two. Splendid B&W, too! I can empathize with your raw conversion struggles, I'm having a less than fun time with the G10 in that regard. But, we'll conquer it sooner or later, right!? :)

nostatic

Or Apple will update Aperture and I'll just go that way ;)

Actually, I liked Raw Developer when I played with it. Much better interface than C1. Plus I did some comparisons between the in-camera jpg and the jpg conversion with C1 and preferred the colors in-camera. But I'll profess that I have very little idea what I'm doing with C1. I don't really like they way it sharpens when you really push it. Aperture does it much nicer imho.

Joan

I've never tried C1, but I'm with you re: Aperture. I'm hoping the update comes SOON for the LX3/Dlux4 and G10.