The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Moving the G1 threads

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I know we got all excited about the G1 and the threads have been started here on the smaller sensor forum which reality is they should be in the other forum that covers 4/3rds. To make this fair and don't want to hurt anyones feeling but I believe I should move these over there to the correct forum. Unless i get strong objection to that than I will do it Tuesday morning.

We do like to stay organized and this makes sense to me. Okay you can curse me up and down sideways and backwards. Hell I'm married with kids and this is very common. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Brian, I do not want folks upset though so if someone want to curse me out do it now. LOL

nostatic

curse curse curse

whine whine whine

complain complain complain

oh, sorry, just channeling my 12 year old son...

V

Vivek

Yeah, Jono, part of my grand plan!:ROTFL:

Thanks, Guy (yeah, move them)!:)

Guy Mancuso

No it does not unless you buy me a P65 and a few other nice options. LOL

I will wait till morning, give folks a chance to chew me out first for messing with there brains. LOL

fordfanjpn

I know we got all excited about the G1 and the threads have been started here on the smaller sensor forum which reality is they should be in the other forum that covers 4/3rds. To make this fair and don't want to hurt anyones feeling but I believe I should move these over there to the correct forum. Unless i get strong objection to that than I will do it Tuesday morning.

We do like to stay organized and this makes sense to me. Okay you can curse me up and down sideways and backwards. Hell I'm married with kids and this is very common. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I wondered about that Guy, and I think moving the threads is a good idea. With that in mind, what about posts concerning the DP1? Shouldn't they also be in the "other" forum? I just picked up a DP1 last week and hope to be able to post some shots soon. Should they go in the "other" forum, or the Small Sensor forum? Thanks for all the hard work keeping this place going.

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Well I know it may seem wrong but I view the Dp1 as a small sensor even though it is not. I'm not the final say on this though but I view the small sensors as more aimed at the P&S camera and other as something bigger that goes in the Other forum. Now i know this is probably defined incorrectly too. So technically i am not correct but we are trying to keep the amount of forums down so it does not get like a grocery list that you did not go to the store for a month. I figure the SP1 is also good in the small forums since it does get compared to the Ricoh's and such also. I know this was debated before with some hurt feelings awhile back. But I think it has been working okay, I hate hard and fast rules in this area too. People are very aware on where they should post but I never ever want to discourage people from posting either. It is a good question though and for now I think best here in this forum.