The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So many cameras, so little time..

Thorkil

Thorkil, very grateful for your kind words. And re: Orson Welles..it just happens that 50 mts on the right of the sitting seagull is the exact location where his 1952 film ' Othello ''s opening scene was shot. The camera then pans across the scene you see here. Essouira, Morocco.

The camera was the D-Lux4, f/8 indeed.

Thank you once again.:salute:
:thumbup: Rayyan, the sacred/holy year (I was born:p), funny coincident...my hunch was right...there was something laying hitten there. But I have never seen the movie though, now I sort of have to see it.
You seem to twist a lot out of your little D-lux..its the hands, the finger, but first of all, the distance between your ears, and the Tumbling Dice going on there...(don't really know what it means..other than my beloved Rolling Stone made a song some time ago..and I just thought the pronouncing were laying good on the tongue) + the exquisite pp.
:)
best Thorkil
:thumbup:
PS that seagull up in the left upper corner and the wings, without that....that one is just keeping the total balance and foremost extend the tension diagonal down in the picture, its attracks attension, but without stealing the attension...just creating the streched tension and balance..

rayyan

Thorkil, thank you so very much.. We are pretty much the same age!!

Best regards.

:thumbup: Rayyan, the sacred/holy year (I was born:p), funny coincident...my hunch was right...there was something laying hitten there. But I have never seen the movie though, now I sort of have to see it.
You seem to twist a lot out of your little D-lux..its the hands, the finger, but first of all, the distance between your ears, and the Tumbling Dice going on there...(don't really know what it means..other than my beloved Rolling Stone made a song some time ago..and I just thought the pronouncing were laying good on the tongue) + the exquisite pp.
:)
best Thorkil
:thumbup:
PS that seagull up in the left upper corner and the wings, without that....that one is just keeping the total balance and foremost extend the tension diagonal down in the picture, its attracks attension, but without stealing the attension...just creating the streched tension and balance..

Thorkil

Thorkil, thank you so very much.. We are pretty much the same age!!

Best regards.
:thumbup: ! (good wine in old bottles I heard someone wisper..)
You do get a bit around(!), and its a wonderful idea you carry that little D-lux4 with you!, for all of us!
(carry on....)
best
Thorkil

rayyan

:thumbup: ! (good wine in old bottles I heard someone wisper..)
You do get a bit around(!), and its a wonderful idea you carry that little D-lux4 with you!, for all of us!
(carry on....)
best
Thorkil
Thank you kindly sir. I love grape juice!!

Kind regards.

rayyan

So many cameras...so little time.

Mother and daughter reunion after a custody battle. Outside the courtroom, passport in hand.!!

D-Lux4.

rayyan

Cenek, Thorkil; much appreciated gentlemen. Thank you.:salute:

Are you a traveler?, he asked suspiciously.

No, I said. But she is, pointing to Ayesha.

rayyan

The road to Shangri-La is not all snow covered mountains and peaks...

D-Lux4.

I hear a D-Lux6 has been introduced.
As I said; so many cameras, so little time.;)

rayyan

But I have to agree; there are many snow covered mountains and peaks on the

way to Shangri-La.

D-Lux4.
So many cameras, so little time.

rayyan

It is all a story, I said. A children's story.
What is?, asked Ayesha.

The people of the valley. People that hardly anyone knows about, I said.
GPS, SATs and Google maps ( Apple maps, sorry!! ). Everything is visited, I said.

Let's go there, said Ayesha.
Do we have to walk?, I asked cautiously. Not if you can run, she said.

rayyan

Traveler, said the old man. Do you have what it takes?...

I have the D-Lux4, I said. That should be sufficient.

Do you have the strength, he whispered. The strength, the courage to cross over the mountains?

If I can rent a 4 wheel drive, I have strength. The courage..Ayesha has for the both of us!!