The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So many cameras, so little time..

rayyan

That was in the past. We are somewhere in Europe. A pleasant hike.
New Zealand, I heard her say.

What?
New Zealand, Ayesha said. Beautiful country, super people. You know their people, she said.

I did indeed. For more than 10 days in the ICU and then in the CCU, the paramedic staff from New Zealand had taken care of me. Around the clock.
Professional, kind and always with a smile. I shall never forget them. Ever.

Why don't we go over there and give them a surprise. You have their contacts.
Maybe, I said hesitatingly.

It is a photog's paradise, she said. And there are some mountains. In the south!!

Traveler, said the voice, do you have what it takes?
I looked at Ayesha. It was her voice.

What did you say, I asked.
Nothing, she said. Nothing at all.

rayyan

John and his beautiful wife Linda are from the States. What do you do here, John, I asked.

I cook, said John. I have been cooking for over 17 years, he added laughingly.
John used to perform by-pass surgery. Linda replaced hip-joints.

Why?, I asked.
Got to give back some, you know Rayyan. Got to give back.

Want to try my cooking?.

rayyan

I got to figure out why some images are showing as ' protected '. My apologies.

I really have to streamline the number of cams and lenses and adapters I have.
It just causes confusion, clutters up the space and confuses my mind ( that is easily confused anyway!! ).

And after along time of self denial, I have quietly resigned myself to the fact that
having collected all these cameras has not added anything to the quality of the photographs I take.

Reluctantly, have to acknowledge that my eyes are the same, my mind is the same and my vision is the same. The cameras are the only things that have changed.

Yes, yes..I have enjoyed the new stuff..like my grand daughter enjoys the 1000th variation of her pretty little doll. For a time. Then it too gets thrown away. To make way for the new fad...

Wish I could get a new vision, though...maybe a new soul...buying a new suit from Armani's ain't going to make me a better person or a better photog. Pity though. rent a suit, rent a cam, rent a vision..how simple it would be!! Maybe rent a new personality!!

tbhv55

I really have to streamline the number of cams and lenses and adapters I have.
It just causes confusion, clutters up the space and confuses my mind ( that is easily confused anyway!! ).

And after along time of self denial, I have quietly resigned myself to the fact that
having collected all these cameras has not added anything to the quality of the photographs I take.
Agreed! I reckon that this might strike a chord with many on here! It certainly does with me, as I'm currently trying to make myself start the streamlining process. It's not easy though... every time a piece of gear comes under consideration for being sold, suddenly all sorts of potential "needs" for it spring to mind. ;)

However, I must disagree with your suggestion that you're in need of a new vision; your existing vision keeps us supplied with some wonderful images. :thumbup: Anyway, even if you could get a new vision, maybe it would turn out to be just another piece of new gear... ending up in the cupboard with all the other clutter! :D

rayyan

Let me tell you a story. Takes place in an enchanted land. A love story.

A young girl is visiting this land long time ago. She is with her school friends on a holiday trip.

There are many people at that time of the year. Children with their parents and friends. Boys with their school mates and parents.

It is a small place; and our young girl sees a boy. He is with elders. Something
in his eyes; something in his smiles..as the singer said.

The boy's eyes meets hers. Shy and bold, at the same time. There is music in the air...

Time goes by. Days into months. Months into years. The young girl grows up to be a beautiful woman. Years later she happens to visit this enchanted land again..this time on her own. She has not forgotten. And neither has the young boy.

We meet in Venice. They are here to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary.
We dine together. It is our treat.

It is their story. We are just the travelers, telling the tale.

One has to believe!!

Howard

Ravvan,

I love the photos that you are posting. Are most of the photos handheld? Or are using a tripod or some other form of stabilization to get them to be so sharp? If you do not use a tripod, please share the method that you use to you to get such sharp, well exposed photos?

rayyan

Ravvan,

I love the photos that you are posting. Are most of the photos handheld? Or are using a tripod or some other form of stabilization to get them to be so sharp? If you do not use a tripod, please share the method that you use to you to get such sharp, well exposed photos?
Howard, you give me too much credit my friend. :eek: Thank you very much.

I have almost never used a tripod..they weigh more than me!! There is no special technique really. Fast shutter speed, High ISO ( I am not hung up on noise/no noise ), widest aperture I can get away with for dof. But I try to lean on something, if at all possible.

My hands are notoriously shaky; more so now!!

Thank you and best wishes.

rayyan

Tokyo..the first cherry blossoms. A sight to behold..people, parks, cameras, photogs, tripods..unbelievable.

We somehow found a few lonely moments and I quickly snapped this...

rayyan

:)
Essouira, Morocco and Orson Welles again? Also some touch of quiet magic here.
Unfortunately we can't see the old Essouira-picture anymore.
Thorkil
Thorkil..thanks a lot for your comments. I know what has gone wrong with the ' protected images ', but cannot correctly re- index them!

Absolutely correct, Essaouira it is my friend. I am in love with that place..Something I really cannot describe. Laid back, not modern at all, but pulls one in.

Kindest regards.