The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon P 7700

DaveO

Just got an e-mail about this new camera. It jumped 7 generations and lost the viewfinder. What else did they do to it?:mad:

Lars

Perhaps they realized that no viewfinder isn't worse than an unusable viewfinder.

momo

i was hoping their p7100 update would have a larger sensor...
waiting to see image quality comparisons...
wonder if operation speed, especially shooting raw, is faster...
if this would have had their V1/J1 sensor I'd have bought it...
as it is, cool body and control but I don't think it's for me...
for the money, I'd add about 150 euros and buy canon's G1X even if operation is a bit on slow side...

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Actually the 7700 specs are pretty interesting!

I could not care less about the lack of the OVF, as the OVF in the previous models was just unuseable - as it is the case with all the Canon Gxyz models as well. So either put in a good EVF like V1 or just skip it! Good decision!

momo

Actually the 7700 specs are pretty interesting!

I could not care less about the lack of the OVF, as the OVF in the previous models was just unuseable - as it is the case with all the Canon Gxyz models as well. So either put in a good EVF like V1 or just skip it! Good decision!
I feel the same...would never use those ovf's anyway...i love this camera design specifically for its swivel lcd, like the g12, ex1, or my aging canon A630...

ptomsu

Workshop Member
What I also like is that thi lens allows a screw in filter! Very important!

So I do not need the lens cap, just have permanently the UV filter on and put the cam into any pocket without fearing to scratch the lens front element.

Also like that it has a nicely formed grip, maybe does not look so cool and sleek as the Leica X2 or Sony RX100, but for sure easier to hold! And has nice controls, not as great as the X2, but for sure better (for me) than the RX100. More towards a serious camera.

Plus the 4/200 long end of the zoom also gives great flexibility! Hope it holds up to high IQ expectations :cool:

Price-wise not too high this can become a real winner - hopefully!

Very close to become my preferred P&S and always with me cam .....