The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dance pics

smokysun

it's interesting to see what a dslr can do. i've shot a lot in this room with the g3, g5, sony s6000, and so on (you can see them in the dance category galleries). yesterday i broke down and used the xti with a 50 1.4. all of these have been cropped to about half. a different experience.

www.pbase.com/wwp/critique

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

tried the xsi with canon 85 1.8. not much different than the xti. guess i'll have to go full-frame to get any better. and my goal has always been to be able to take dance shots with a compact, and sometimes they're interesting. i'd really like to see what someone can do with the g10 and the lx3.

www.pbase.com/wwp/cdt08

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

ecliffordsmith

Hi Wayne,

You have really caught a moment in the first image. Very nicely timed.

I know what you mean about a fast lens on the Sigma. That could be very interesting indeed. Both speed and depth of field wise.

smokysun

hi ed,

thanks! yes, i think it's just a matter of time until the compacts catch up with the dslrs. sigma seems to me on the right track. will has been taking some great shots with the dp1.

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

smokysun

a 40d showed up on the local craigslist for $500. i rushed off yesterday morning to paradise 20 miles away and threw away the money (not really, the camera turned out to be barely used by a part-time wildlife photographer). shot some dance pics with it later in the afternoon. much more responsive than the xti.

www.pbase.com/wwp/spacing

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

just posted some photoshoot pics. good to remember what the dslr (new 40d) can do in relation to the small sensors. the small ones seem to differ much more in character and to have an individual stamp. on the other hand, if you want to impress people with reality...

www.pbase.com/wwp/shoot08

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: