The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

will the RX100 really change the way I shoot

djonesii

Workshop Member
Dear All;

Due to lack of time, the P30+ and kit was sold off

Due to a weak back, the Nikon D300 was replaced with an OM-D plus a lens assortment. It's WAY lighter without significant loss in image quality.

So, I have a few shekels in the camera fund. Looking at it from a somewhat objective view [perhaps a rarity in my photographic equipment history ] Given that my time profile keeps me out of the studio and serious landscape work, the new Fuji offerings don't seem to add anything significant, the new FF cameras will break my back, I can't be bothered to focus with rangefinder, so there is only one cameras in mind that can really effect my shooting:

The RX100, truly pocket-able, carry anywhere, might make a real difference.

Everything else is just too big, or the sensor is just to small, any thoughts?

Dave

Hi Dave

I am seriously looking at one myself. With the exception of the lack of a viewfinder, its hard to fault it (perhaps too expensive?). The best camera really is the one you have with you. Given the direction that photography is moving, small-body/big-sensor, I can't see this being a bad choice. Sorry to push you off the cliff.

Paul

djonesii

Workshop Member
It's that sudden stop at the end that hurts.

In photographic terms, no hope had to be abandoned to get a used RX100 off this very forum at what I consider a good price.

Hopefully with a true carry anywhere camera, I'll actually do that.

Best;

Dave

djonesii

Workshop Member
The simple answer is yes it will change the way I shoot.

The IQ of this little beast is good enough that I can tolerate post processing the images.

Not so with any other compact I have used.

Dave