The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 Finder

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ordered a finder from 17th St Photo and will have it
tomorrow. They have more in stock.
Will post a follow up after I have it.
Shooter

Mikec

I think you will like it. I got it from 17th Street Photo as well.

It's very well made, bright, does not block popup flash.

Manual focus, LCD off, external viewfinder, shooting with the LX-3 that way is pure joy.

Have fun!

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I am currently using the CV21mm and it's good but to big for the camera. How do you find the accuracy from the Lumix finder....?

shooter

Mikec

I find the accuracy to be comparable to other external viewfinders. The error is larger for closer distance. The frame lines are conservative for obviously reasons.

Of course, if you need exact framing, the LCD wins. If you use the external viewfinder a lot, you learn the inaccuracy and you 'automatically' compensate for it.

The viewfinder is not small though if you compare to say the Ricoh GV-2 or the Voigtlander mini 28/35 viewfinder.

Please post your view on it when it arrives.