The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX7 Images

rayyan

Maggie, you and the LX7...seems made for each other!!:D

Wonderful shots. I love the ones of your mom..what a great lady!:salute:

Best wishes to you and yours.

Maggie O

Here's the latest batch from the LX7, the first set is from Art & Soul, a gallery I'm working with and there there's a few documenting my hall bathroom remodel.

Anthony, March 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Bella, March 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Parfleche, March 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Faucet and Sink, March 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Tub Filler, March 09, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

The Tub and Shower, March 08, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

mazor

nice portrait type shot maggie. Good to see there is some back ground blur considering how tiny the the size of the lx7 sensor, although the fast aperture lens should make up for that shortfall I guess.

Howard

Maggie,

I agree with you about balance. The LX7 is a very good small camera with a fine, fast lens and very good ergonomics - not perfect but very good. Like other very good cameras in its class if you use the LX7 within its limitations, it can produce excellent photos. If you try to use it for things that it does not do well, the results will be marginal. It is an easy camera to like and use.

Here's a blog entry with a few examples using the creative controls on the LX7 (something I've never indulged in with other cameras). I LOVE that you can shoot raw images with creative controls. Takes all risk out of using them, as they only affect the jpegs.

DMC-365 - Exploring the Interface Between Equipment and Creativity in Photography: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 - A Few Creative Control Examples

[/url] P1020029.jpg by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr[/IMG]

Reed
Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com
I've now published an ebook on Real World Settings for the LX7 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BVR0OD4

Last edited:

Howard

Reed,

I am not sure I am a fan of the creative photos that appeared in the blog but that does not mean I may not try some. Thank you for the reference.

curiousmike

Hi all - new member here.
I found this site a week or so back when researching the LX7; with the favorable reviews and the discounted pricing, UPS found a way to deliver it to my office this afternoon.

I threw the camera in a bag and took it on a bicycle ride after work -- spending all of 5 minutes setting the clock and a few basic settings, I was off.

The camera is really easy to use ( compared to my last P&S, Sony HX9V ) and fast ( holy mackeral fast compared to the HX9V ).

Anyhow, I'm still tackling photography ( composition; no masterpiece button on the LX7 ) and editing in Lightroom ( it's so easy to make a mess ).
Here are a few I took tonight:

California Poppy

Self Portrait

Looking out over the Dumbarton Bridge ( Bay Area California )

Purple flower

Welcome aboard, Mike!

I know those salt ponds. The East Bay is my adopted home, but now I'm living in Virginia. Followed the best job. But, I sure plan to be back there someday.

I am further impressed every time I use the LX7. On a trip to Japan, I have really relied on it, including for night shooting, and have not been let down.

Reed
Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com