The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The fruit market with the LX3

les

Rawfa,

Excellent, a feast for the senses, marvellous colours. The lighting in a market is usually a mixture and 'challenging' - how did you cope with it.

Rawfa

Many thanks, Les. It was a bit of a mixed bag shooting there. There were fluorescent lights, incandescent, day light, tungsten and so on. This is to show how good the LX3's white balance is. I was shooting everything on manual with the LX3's "dynamic" setting. I simply love this camera. Like I said on another thread my only issue is the lack of dedicate controls....I hate the little joystick.

helenhill

Wow, Does that LX3 POP with Color.....Lovely & Crisp

Interesting that you mention the WB works well
because I read somewhere the WB did poorly
BUT your pixs PROVE Different :)
Brst-H

Rawfa

Thanks, Helen! Whenever possible I try to keep the aperture around f4 for maximum sharpness and push the shutter up to 100. So far I haven't had any extreme issues with the white balance, other than the occasional struggle with with tungsten lights.