The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 HDR from RAW

mazor

Was out and about and took this pic. Thought I would try some HDR on it. The results are pretty kewl.

MAzor

Rawfa

That's cool! What's your workflow? I've done some quick tests with auto bracket and photoshops' HDR tool that didn't turn out too good.

mazor

Hi workflow is UFRAW to convert from RAW to TIFF of which I use one RAW image to extract 3 TIFF images at different exposures, one over exposed +1, under exposed -1 and one neutral one. I then put the images through Photomatix pro that combines and essentially makes the HDR image. I then put the image through PTlens to correct for the massive barrel distortion at 24mm, then apply mild Neat Image noise reduction, to eliminate Chroma noise only.

Be aware that HDR images from a single RAW usually reveals more noise, than just a single process.

hope this helps.

Mazor