The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My lovely GRD

Will

Nice images people!

Since this thread has become a bit side tracked into blurry nigh time driving shots I thought I may as well join in with one of mine.

GRD2 400 -7/10 1/6sec

Tunnel under the A10 on the M25

Will

Another beautiful shot kweide. All you images are incredibly sharp and clean, the B&W image on the other thread is very good as well. What do you use to process your images?

kweide

I think, the differnce is my in camera setting.
For High ISO shots set your GRD to "high contrast and low color depth"
The difference is extreme !! I put this setting to Mysetting2 so i can easily switch the setting with the back wheel. Thats nearly all.

Next is a little PP. Just a little contrast, saturation and unsharp masking.
The setting i prefer for unsharp mask is 150 to 250 /0.8/2 depends on the picture
Thats it.. :)
Thats why i realy love my little GRD and will never ever give it away...

Result:

Sevilla Night shot. Taken 23:23 in the night

View attachment 10098

O

Oxide Blu

If you don't stop posting these beautiful GRD pix I'm going to cry. A few weeks ago I accidentally killed my GRD, been in mourning ever since. It is supposedly being sent back to Ricoh to attempt reanimation, in the meantime waiting on delivery of a GX200 to hold me over. I'm going to cry now. :cry:

cjlacz

I love the image of the boat and the trainee on the job. I'll try out your trick with setting the color depth low and see how it goes. Keep posting!

Tim

kweide, love your work here.

The GRD is quickly becoming the only camera I use these days. The D80 DSLR I have is just too much to lug about. The GRD is also so much quicker to use. I find that because I know I have only a 28mm lens that I tend to look for images in 28mm and I dont often miss not having other focal lengths. Just occasionally I want for a longer or shorter lens but I mostly find a composition to suit.

I am considering a GX200 and the LX3 but I am worried that something as simple as no built in lens cap on these two will hinder my use a bit.

The GRD is a fabulous design.

Tim

Lili

The GRD is the easiest to take with and the fastest to use Compact I have ever tried. Klaus, for the altar shot did you use the LCD or an OVF?

GRD got this shot by virtue of speed and stealth; my poor kitties are camera shy after too many shots ;)

O

Oxide Blu

GRD means taking pictures always and everywhere
Even when it is not allowed...

You are not alone. :D

Immediately after I took this it was pointed out to me the two signs on either side said picture taking of this is forbidden.

GRDII, ISO 400, f2.4, 1/14-sec

I never bothered with this picture because the white bowl on the table is blown out, could not take another picture because I wasn't supposed to take this one.

kweide

Lili,

i took that pic in "stealth Mode" :grin:
That means no LCD no OVF just two hands and one eye estimating the correct angle to hold the cam and then relase Self timer which was set to 2 seconds and pipe down....

It somehow worked..

BTW: It is the legendary Madonna di Trapani

kweide

Well, i dont know how to tell you, my little lovely GRD. Its hard..yes we had great times together, but to tell the truth you are going older and older and older. No i dont tell you that i am out for 5 Minutes heading for cigarettes and never come back. You know i do not smoke.
Yes there is something with another little nasty thing... oh no.. not only a affair. Darling it is more, we want to stay together and there is so little room in my trouser pocket...just space for one. The new one is younger and feels better :) no, you never felt bad...sweetheart. But to make a long story short, here she is, the new one:

View attachment 10671

It all over now baby blue. But different to true life, we will keep together being good friends... only friends.:cry: