The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Frosty morning with my GRD

Will

Inspired by kweide

I keep my GRD in the car in case a photo op comes along and this morning there was a lovely frost everywhere :)

All in camera B&W jpgs

Rawfa

I think the photos look horrible and you should exchange your GDR for my Oly e410 ;-)
Beautiful photos, Will.

Lili

Wonderful Macro's Will. Very well done!
I need to play with the GRD's very decent macro abilities more :)

mazor

Nice pics, did u convert them to black and white using camera function or with computer afterwards?

Fiat is a good car. go Fiat, hehe

MAzor

Will

Thanks Helen!

mazor they were jpgs from the camera with just a little levels and sharpening.

D

ddk

I like your images Will and your treatment is great for the subject matter but, I have to wonder about your judgement of cars. Don't get me wrong I love Maseratis and have owned them in the past but I would never choose a Fiat as a second car for backup especially in less than ideal weather, its masochistic! LOL. Which models do you have?

Will

I like your images Will and your treatment is great for the subject matter but, I have to wonder about your judgement of cars. Don't get me wrong I love Maseratis and have owned them in the past but I would never choose a Fiat as a second car for backup especially in less than ideal weather, its masochistic! LOL. Which models do you have?
Thanks ddk, and you are probably right about my judgement with cars. The Maserati is a Ghibli sport, one of only 6 ever made. It was great fun to drive but it either went very (very) fast or not at all.I gave up on it the last time it broke down and it now sits as a work of art in my drive! where it shares a space with my old Lada Niva 4 wheel drive, which is like a tank and will drive over almost anything. The Fiat Multipla is actually very reliable, and practical, and is useful with its six seats for driving my children and their friends all over the place.

D

ddk

Thanks ddk, and you are probably right about my judgement with cars. The Maserati is a Ghibli sport, one of only 6 ever made. It was great fun to drive but it either went very (very) fast or not at all.I gave up on it the last time it broke down and it now sits as a work of art in my drive! where it shares a space with my old Lada Niva 4 wheel drive, which is like a tank and will drive over almost anything. The Fiat Multipla is actually very reliable, and practical, and is useful with its six seats for driving my children and their friends all over the place.
I had a 96 430 and a Shamal and I really loved them both, more than any other car that I've ever owned. There was a magic and balance that I've yet to experience with any other car, but as mentioned they either went very fast or not at all. Still I'd buy another 430 if I could get them here in the US, the new ones are beautiful but its not the same soul. Its funny I love my GRD the same way, its not the fastest, doesn't have the largest sensor, or the latest but to me its one of the greatest. Its got a beautiful balance which felt right from the moment I first picked one up in the store, kind of like the Contax 645, I knew I had to have one the moment I had one in my hands, its love affair that goes beyond techno lust or a mere tool, how I look at most other cameras, including the ones that I really like.