The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nokia 808 images

mazor

fireworks post process cropping with a 41MP sensor!

This is what happens when fireworks malfunctions and detonates at low altitude

scho

Mazor, Great detail in the bird shots and no visible moire in the feathers (or did you remove it?).

mazor

carl, only applied saturation and USM. and cropping when necessary. I did not remove moire, and actually do not know how to. Is there a plugin to remove moire?

These shots were captured using pureview 8mp mode on the 808. Even at full resolution, I would imagine diffraction would be more dominant that moire. I am pretty certain there would be diffraction issues capturing at full resolution onto such a tiny high resolution sensor.The JPG output from the pureview modes on the 808 has a nice analogue feel to it. Plus it is one of the few digicams that effectively is bayer free when using pureview modes so no moire should be present ;)

I just love the way one can push colors on the 808. So simple yet flexible.

scho

carl, only applied saturation and USM. and cropping when necessary. I did not remove moire, and actually do not know how to. Is there a plugin to remove moire?

These shots were captured using pureview 8mp mode on the 808. Even at full resolution, I would imagine diffraction would be more dominant that moire. I am pretty certain there would be diffraction issues capturing at full resolution onto such a tiny high resolution sensor.The JPG output from the pureview modes on the 808 has a nice analogue feel to it. Plus it is one of the few digicams that effectively is bayer free when using pureview modes so no moire should be present ;)

I just love the way one can push colors on the 808. So simple yet flexible.
LR5 has a brush tool that can be used with an amount slider to selectively remove moire.

mazor

ah ok, I suspect that will be avail on CS5 too then I guess. But anyway for 1020, it will be important that they make the pureview algorithm usable, with Nokia black so that users can take full advantage of the over sampling technology and be bayer free and hence no moire

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's one with bad lighting and motion blur. I had fun taking it anyway. I'm the person standing behind her, taking the photo with stretched out arms. Without the Nokia, the photo wouldn't exist. Must be good then :)

mazor

Nice Jorgen, shows the 808 capturing natural portraits,what does "double nokia" mean at the caption part of your image?

here is gingerbread man hehe

mazor

The image pixel rendering from pureview 8mp is really quite remarkable with the Nokia 808.

Captured this during some street type photography. Applied descent cropping to 8mp, and still the image holds detail and does not look too digital

mazor

captured this one yesterday on my lunch walk

Applied Ultra color 100 film simulation in CS5 Got to love those grains!

mazor

Yup, the strange thing is when I applied the film simulation that added grains, the image seems to sharpen up naturally! It is almost like the granular effect helps bring out parts of the image that was previously just a little too smooth.