Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 808 images

Post Thanks / Like

Nokia 808 images

Walking through the park, saw a wedding party, and happened to have my mobile phone in my hand.

Minor cropping done, off the 38mp image

click image twice to see more res

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nokia 808 images

night shot with the nokia 808.

daylight nokia 808

Post Thanks / Like

using photoFX on nokia 808. remember to click twice on the image to see full resolutions

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! If only I wasn´t such a raging Android fan.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Rawfa, you must be one of those "app" fans. The Nokia 808 excels in phone call quality of which no android phone with the exception of Sony's Xperia range as they have made phones alot longer than samsung, LG etc.

The Nokia 808 camera quality is so amazing, I dare say it can compete against the Panasonic LX7 for wide angle photography, and against my Sony Nex 5n, is certain circumstances it can out resolve it with ease. Even the Canon 5d mk3's 24MP cannot match the Nokia 808's amazing detail achieved from the 41MP sensor.

Thanks to the size of the Nokia sensor, the bokeh is quite pleasing, somthing no android phone can achieve. Also experience the Carl Zeiss precision sharpness!

Post Thanks / Like

Mazor, love the flour picture. You even have FOV
    As for Android, I like it because I love messing around with the OS. If the Nokia 808 was at least a Windows Phone 8, but Belle and Symbian are really not for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The N808 is amazing, I´m still trying to beat it down to reach a limitation, but about anything I tried up until today is just working fine. I´m addicted now.

because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff Stefan, please keep shooting and posting more 808 imagery. I find myself not carrying around as many lens these days on my mirrorless, as I know I can depend on the 808 for most wide angle shots. instead I use valuable space in my bag for telephoto and portrait street lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Mazor
    here is more - but I think the Forum displays the format distorted

so here is a link to facebook where it shows correctly
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The big one is quite amazing. I still think the N808 is sharper than my Canon 5D MK2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Hi Mazor
    here is more - but I think the Forum displays the format distorted

so here is a link to facebook where it shows correctly
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

nice, did you apply that yellow filter using the built in editor or post process

Post Thanks / Like

The big one is quite amazing. I still think the N808 is sharper than my Canon 5D MK2
    scary scary, 5d2 vs 808.....

Post Thanks / Like

I think it cannot do RAW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The yellow toning is done in Photoshop CS6 Black and White+ toning.

I am using Camera Pro App where you can get the full 41,5 Mpix and set the image quality to low ISO,I normally reduce exposure 1/2 stop and full 100% JPG quality. That is pretty close to a raw, you can do a lot with this without the file falling apart.

I have several Zeiss lenses (and of course our Hartblei 40,80 and 120mm) for my Canon, but in this range (which equals about 25mm focal lenght) the 5 Lens aspheric N808 lens is better than my 24-85 Zeiss vario sonnar (N1- conurus converted) with Canon mount. And it is f 2,4 !

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

agree with you all the way Stefan Steib, the nokia 808 truely is the cellphone camera that rivals bigger full frame DSLRs in good light. In more challenging situations, ie lower light, the 808 still comes into it's own in pureview 8mp mode and challenges the likes of the older APS-C DSLRs like the Canon 20D and 30D.

Took this with my Nokia 808 pureview on a clear night. Although there is alot of light interference from street lamps down the street, it still can take a remarkable picture. I would like to see any other cellphone that can take pictures like this.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

another 808 shot I took a while back, the ships in the horizon are clearly noticable and have some detail, even though they are so far away

click and click to see full res

Post Thanks / Like

Three-shot pano totaling over 50 mp with the Nokia 808 PureView in Bryce Canyon National Park:

Bryce Canyon. by coulombic, on Flickr
    --
    Gabe
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have this clamp and a small gorilla pod for the Nokia, so I need to try this for some nightshots soon. I think it will gain a lot more sharpness and quality even at lowlight with a decent "tripod".......

Post Thanks / Like

I have this clamp and a small gorilla pod for the Nokia, so I need to try this for some nightshots soon. I think it will gain a lot more sharpness and quality even at lowlight with a decent "tripod".......
    absolutely agree. I carry my "clamp attachment" for my 808 everywhere, attached to a small pocket sized tripod, just in case I need it. The effect of using a tripod, means, shots have to be planned a bit ahead of time, rather than just spontaneous shooting. Obviously for spontaneous shooting no tripod trade off for higher ISO shooting in pureview 8MP would be desirable.

With tripod, I tend to try to set ISO to the lowest setting 50 or 100, depending on the subject move rate, and and use full resolution 38MP, or dare I say if I am really keen 41MP in camera pro.

The use of 41MP will allow for that ultimate resolution on photos, plus, it allows me to crop into my favourite aspect ratio 6:4. 16:9 I find is only useful for wide angle style panorama crop ins, with 4:3 being somewhat acceptable. This is my personal preference coming from larger DSLRs, and mirrorless Sonys digicams.

Post Thanks / Like

autumn has arrived finally with the nokia 808 ready to capture every moment of it

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I am "in" - just acquired a used 808. I have a RX100 but still there often appear moments where I don't have a cam with me but would like to catch the moment. Having receive the 808 I wonder why I did not get it earlier. I think it also feels quite good as a phone.

Question- do you shoot 8MP mode or do you shoot full res and downsize later?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Paratom

you should definitely get a fast 32 or even 64GB SDHC Micro SD card,
    Then -download camera Pro. With this you can use the full 41,5 Mpix from the chip. You can also fix quality at 100% JPG and low ISO.
    These files are with a better (nearly 4:3) relation and can be worked on pretty nicely in Photoshop, I am nearly always scaling them down to 4500-5000 px. That gives around 16 Mpix with a stunning Quality.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    I am "in" - just acquired a used 808. I have a RX100 but still there often appear moments where I don't have a cam with me but would like to catch the moment. Having receive the 808 I wonder why I did not get it earlier. I think it also feels quite good as a phone.

Question- do you shoot 8MP mode or do you shoot full res and downsize later?
    Depends on the shot. For more casual shooting, I will use pureview 8mp. Super extra casual shooting, ie food pics etc I shoot 5mp. For me, I use the 808 all the time since it is with me all the time. You have to have some sort of management of file size, otherwise you are going to require alot of external storage to store images, that are not necessarily archival and will not benefit from 41mp quality.

The beauty of the Nokia 808 is the extremely clever pixel combining tech used to create the 8mp file from 41mp sensor capture. In general preview 8mp allows for up to ISO 800, and low ISO the amazing pixel binning exhibits image quality signal to noise similar to older gen dslr like the canon 20d, and the cleverpixel binning means the image quality mimics fovern style images, ie. Not Bayer style images.

Using full red 38mp, or 41mp in camera pro, is nice, but now file sizes are quite massive, and I would keep the ISO to a maximum limit of 200. Anything higher, the quality of the image degrades substantially, and the benefits of capturing at higher resolution is lost. IE you are probably better capturing the same image at ISO 400 in pureview 8mp than 41mp full res ISO 400 as quality per pixel will be superior in 8mp mode.

If you are willing to post process all your image on a PC later, then Stefan's way of capturing may be feasible to be used all the time, and using higher ISO 400 and 800 in full res modes may be alright since by downscaling from 41mp to 16mp approx, will in general reduce noise too.

Here is some 8mp pureview shots I have taken recently. As you can see using 41mp straight out of camera may have been possible, but no real need for the type of images captured. Also remember to click twice on the image to view them in 100%view so you can pixel peep and see the quality of the Nokia pureview modes.

Here's a black and white I threw into the mix. See the way the thread is rendered. Perfect!! No digital Bayer artifacting what so ever, and no additional sharpening has been added or removed from any of these images.

Post Thanks / Like

a shot I took yesterday evening. All editing on this has been done n the nokia 808, no PCs used

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks gandolfi

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe the color, sharpness I am getting from the Carl Zeiss 26mm lens on the Nokia 808

Post Thanks / Like

some marcos I took with the 808 pureview

all captured at a set ISO400. Did not mean to, but accidentally left it on since my last night shoot.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Truly amazing!! I got to get me one one of those !!
    Robert N.

Post Thanks / Like

it is amazing OlderThanDirt. The image quality amazes me with every picture I take.

Click on this image twice to see full resolution

I tell you now point and shoot cameras are indeed at risk of being replaced by mobile phones!!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait until the Nokia EOS comes out. It'll have the same 41MP camera but with modern windows phone OS. Rumor says July 11

Post Thanks / Like

Will see what happens in July 11. It is not too long a wait now Although secretly, wish Nokia would have taken on Android or meego instead of Windows mobile.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent detail and color fidelity. Regardless of the limitations of Symbian, I'm obsessed with this phone.

Near the Toadstools. by coulombic, on Flickr
    --
    Gabe
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The longer I use the N 808 I´m missing another OS less and less.
    The first date "rumours" were saying the EOS would appear was 15th of May. Nothing has happened (well the 928/925 Lumias were released) , I´m at current only criticising one thing: Using the Camera fast and intense sucks the battery empty in 1 hour.
    There is a Mugenpower 3000mAh replacement with a new back cover which sells for 89,50 $US,

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...tery-door.html

I will probably invest in this more likely than buying a new Lumia EOS immediately. The image quality is marvellous, like a 20 Mpix DSLR/Wideangle in my Pocket. The Navigation is better than my dedicated Garmin Car Navi, the Phone part is kicking axx of my iPhone, I have reception with 2 or 3 signs where the iPhone shows none....

For now I´m settled

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Stefan Steib, my 808 battery life is quite sufficient, but still, may get the super mugen battery once my battery perishes

Caterpillar hanging onto a twig sized branch

amazingly sharp pocket dslr in my pocket too

coulombic, lovely landscape, it really shows how superior the 808's optic is compared to larger digicam lens.
    Last edited by mazor; 25th May 2013 at 01:51.

Post Thanks / Like

click twice to analyse the Nokia 808 pixels here!!! Whos says you cannot do HDR on the 808 from a single JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here some tec, shot with a Nokia N808 (not by me) but shows the capability of this "phone".

Nokia 808 PureView - FT Bonito - 6a | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

Is that your bonito stefan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No- I just linked this from then N808 club page.

But it´s fun to see the VW machine, lots of memories......

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

true true.

Took this the other week

Full resolution Nokia 808! 34MP power from a mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like

Name a phone that can capture dusk silhouette like this with such detail, and such resolutions!

Post Thanks / Like

Pureview EOS coming out on July 11. I can't wait. Hopefully the phone would be much more powerful and faster in response. It'll replace my point and shoot

Post Thanks / Like

should do, the EOS will have a dual core CPU. Will be interesting if there will be improvements on the camera part of the EOS over the 808.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As the Nokia 1020 is announced now - I just wanted to show what already the old N808 is able to do.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

I just read an interesting article on the Lumina 1020. Seems that the sensor is 20% smaller than the one on the 808, and that the lens is inferior.

808 Lens:

F2.4

5 elements, 1 group. All lens surfaces are aspherical

• One high-index, low-dispersion glass mould lens

• Mechanical shutter with neutral density filter

1020 lens:

35mm equivalent focal length: 25mm for 16:9,27mm for 4:3

• F-number: f/2.2

• Mechanical shutter

• System of 6 lenses (5 plastic molded high performance plastic, one high precision glass element)

Maybe those plastic lenses could be wonderful?

Seems the real improvements are the stabilization and the integration into a "real" smart phone. I'd be interested to see a comparison. Placed my pre order with ATT already

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the new sensor is Backside illuminated and stabilized. I´m pretty sure the smaller sensor size will not be giving less quality.
    The most immanent improvement will be the bigger screen with higher resolution that will enable best focusing - and final:
    You can focus the 1020 MANUALLY !!!! Well nor really manually , but with the new Camera Pro app using the focus dialer.

That is cool ! Probably the only smartphone worldwide that I know of.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

the new sensor is Backside illuminated and stabilized. I´m pretty sure the smaller sensor size will not be giving less quality.
    The most immanent improvement will be the bigger screen with higher resolution that will enable best focusing - and final:
    You can focus the 1020 MANUALLY !!!! Well nor really manually , but with the new Camera Pro app using the focus dialer.

That is cool ! Probably the only smartphone worldwide that I know of.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    hmm, likie the idea of a mnaual focus, but hope they will implement automatic zoom in focusing aids like that found on cameras like the Sony NEX 5n.

Post Thanks / Like

No one got the 1020 yet? Some photos please

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

take a look here - plenty of samples in full res:

Connect

Regards
    Stefan

Post Thanks / Like

I just took the plunge...not to 1020 buck bought myself a white 808! Much cheaper now the new 1020s are out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good choice - seems to be one of the safest smartphone devices right now (because of Symbian) and if you use Camera Pro you will get 41,5 Mpix images- full sensor. Put the setting to 100% jpg quality and you will end up with files you won´t believe your eyes in !

Regards
    Stefan