The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A fine and pleasant misery

Documenting my wanderings on gravel and dirt roads in rural SE Iowa. Winter has definitely set in this week, 26 degrees F with an 18 mph winds on this ride. I can go for hours without seeing another car or human, just have to be careful not to go down and freeze.

I bought a new pocket camera (Canon A570is) and am using the CHDK hack to shoot raw. It's a neat camera with image stabilization and a usable view finder, I'll take the dinky view finder to a display anytime. Camera is small and light and goes in a pocket just fine, also seems to work good in the cold. Only real issue is I have to pull a glove to set it up, it's not usable with my ski gloves on.

Happy trails.

tm

Last edited:

Lili

Brrrrrr, looks fun TM!
I prefer small cams too, the one you got with you beats the totally-awesome-but-too-big one you had to leave behind :)

I love the files from my DSLR but it's just not practical to try and carry on my treks. I'm placing my hopes on the new Oly M-4/3 or maybe the Sigma with a 40mm lens, don't know if these will be small and light enough for my play, plus if I go down on the ice it's expensive to land on, but nice to know there will soon be options :)