The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X20

Terry

I stopped at a camera shop in NYC today and they had the X20 in stock.

I've always liked the X10 but the improvements to the X20 seem to really make this a pretty nice upgrade. The new viewfinder with shooting info and focus boxes/confirm is fantastic! As you can tell I did buy one.

The changes to Auto ISO are also quite awesome. You now have the ability to both set a min shutter speed and in combination with OIS you can also have the shutter speed further increased if the camera detects movement in the scene.

Changes to the AF box selection is also much faster...I know the X100S also implemented this change.

With just a few shots taken colors seem very natural and similar to my X-Pro1.

Not a camera that I'm likely to manual focus all that much but focus peeking is a nice addition.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Terry, the big question. How do the raw files process in LR4?
I sold the X10 because of that issue but loved the camera.

The X20 is on my radar if the raw files are useable.
Thanks....don

greypilgrim

They weren't opening in LR. I need to double check what opens them right now.
There supposed to be a release candidate out that will open them. Were you trying that version?

As I said in the Fuji forum, mine is on the way and should be here in time for a trip to Zion as a backup camera.

Doug

greypilgrim

My wife took a look at the camera when I unboxed it and checked it out, and now she is planning to use it on our trip :). I will have to share some of her shots.

Doug