The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Version 1.1 of LX3 firmware is up

Rawfa

I did this yesterday and now there's a 2 or 3 second waiting period whenever I take a picture! Is there anyway to revert to the old firmware??? Please say yes!

mazor

I did this yesterday and now there's a 2 or 3 second waiting period whenever I take a picture! Is there anyway to revert to the old firmware??? Please say yes!
Were you taking images using RAW? Even when I take RAW, I find there is a delay between images with low speed large capacity SDHC cards.

Mazor

Rawfa

That is the weird thing. When I first took the picture I thought that I had set it to raw because it was taking the time it usually takes to write raw files. But then I have checked and It was set to jpeg! There must be a way to revert to the old firmware.

Rawfa

I have just dropped panasonic an e-mail but I'm sure they will take forever to write me back and I need to revert to the old firmware asap. I'm leaving for a 10 day trip to China in less than a week! If someone has the old firmware (1.0 I would think) and is nice enough to send it to me I would be greatly appreciated.

mazor

Hey rawfa, have you tried formatting the SD card? if not try that, maybe the memory card is fragmented?

As for getting 1.0 firmware. this is not really possible, as Panasonic never released it to the public, although in saying that Panasonic technicians may have this firmware stashed somewhere.

Mazor

mazor

I just tested my max JPG burst to unlimited. And indeed I can continuously take images, and when I release, as soon as part of the buffer empties, I can take images again. What I want in future firmwares is to have this same buffer for RAW images.

Mazor

Rawfa

Man, that sucks. I have tried with different SD cards and I have tried with the camera's own memory and the issue remains. :(

Rawfa

If I set it to "burst mode - normal" I can take continous photos right away and very fast. When I try to take one it is faster than when the "burst mode" was on "off", but I still think it's not as fast as before.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Very Strange indeed....I actually notice somewhat faster write times in Raw....
also, in low light, the camera focuses better....it was good before but gooder now,,,,

mazor

Wow, very interesting, is it possible rawfa that ur camera has gone faulty coincidentally after the firmware update?

Is it possible for you to re apply the new firmware into the cam, maybe the firmware did not fully install correctly?

Wow Streetshooter, good to see low light focus has improved. I personally MF in low light, and if I do use pre AF, I disable the orange illuminator as that brings attention to the camera and lets people know I am taking images.

Mazor

mazor

indeed for me on 1.0 firmware the LX3 in low light sometimes does miss the target especially with the illuminator set to off. Has this significantly improved with the new firmware in this scenario?

Was thinking if I wait long enuf, someone may havk the d-lux 4 firmware to work on the LX3, hehe

MAzor

Rawfa

At Panasonic’s website there's no mention of anything that would influence writing speed. I still have to make some low light tests to see if AF was really been significantly improved.

mazor

Rawfa, did u manage to reflash ur camera with the same firmware again? Maybe you need to do this, or doa full reset of all setting after the firmware is updated?

I am terribly scared of updating my LX3 now, as I like the fast response I am getting between RAW shots being about 1 to 2 seconds lag max between shots with burst off.

Mazor