The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which compact photo camera to film 1080i?

FoxAdriano

Hi,
I usually use a Sony AX2000 videocamera. Now I'd like to buy a compact photo camera recording HD 1080i because sometime I cannot carry with me the big videocamera. I will use compact photo camera only or almost exclusively for video. Above all I want to know the video quality of a goog photo camera compared to a good HD videocamera like the Sony AX2000. I would be very grateful if you could answer me but if you are familiar with the video too.
Which compact photo camera can I buy?
Thank you very much.

mazor

How small a camera were you thinking. For excellent video quality recording try the Panasonic GH2 or GH3. The body is substantially smaller than your AX2000, plus you have the flexibility of interchange lens.

For pocket sized, the Sony RX100 does a decent job, but then for ultimate portable and good quality, the Nokia 808 works well for general application and has remarkably good 1080p video recording with very powerful Stereo recording capability.

FoxAdriano

How small a camera were you thinking. For excellent video quality recording try the Panasonic GH2 or GH3. The body is substantially smaller than your AX2000, plus you have the flexibility of interchange lens. For pocket sized, the Sony RX100 does a decent job,
I'd like a camera with a size between GH3 and Sony RX100.
I'd like to know if you have seen videos recorded by Sony AX2000 or Sony nx5u or by a good videocamera, otherwise .....

but then for ultimate portable and good quality, the Nokia 808 works well for general application and has remarkably good 1080p video recording with very powerful Stereo recording capability.
Do you mean smartphone Nokia 808? I have Galaxy SIII but I don't see a good video with smartphones.

Thanks