The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Learning to use my GRD

cjlacz

kweide's thread reminded me that I can get out and take some photo's during lunch when there is still light. Here are some from my couple breaks today. I'm forcing myself to only spend a couple minutes working with any picture. I can play with it for hours and never get anything done. These haven't had much done to them.

The first is barge that appeared today. They put up scaffolding around one of the bridge pillars and look like they are going to do a little work.

The second is nearby an area where I like to go eat outside if it's nice. I love the bright yellow railing around there.

It rained off and on today so it looks like they had the umbrellas out to dry.

The fourth is a look back at the tower I work in as the sun is getting low.

The last is a picture of the lobby where I work. It's huge, but they sometimes hold events here. It's a little blurry, but I liked the people in this one the most.

It's odd working with the GRD2 at ISO 80. I'm normally always out at night so it's somewhere between 400-1600.

pollobarca

CJ,

the picture of the scooter and umbrellas is beautiful and simple.
But the last picture of the lobby is a cracker!

thanks for sharing.

paul

fordfanjpn

Nice shots! Every time I see pics like this it makes me realize that I really need to spend more time with my GRD2. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bill

cjlacz

Glad you enjoyed them.

@pollobarca, I'm glad you liked those two. Those were my favorites out of that set.

Here are some from today, except the last one which was yesterday.

I don't even remember taking the first one, but I like the way they are looking at the camera. I wonder if I had a strange look on my face with the way they seem to be pointing at me.

The second picture was in Shinjuku right before I got the camera shops. It's time for me to expand my gear a little bit, but I'm not sure which way I want to go about it. I liked the color version, but just seemed too noisy and I don't have any of that fancy noise reduction software yet. The B&W looks good too though.

The hand was completely by accident. I had my GRD on counter at the yatai and I found that picture when I got back.

The last one is just to remind me to watch the light. I took another shot a few seconds before when the overhead light was either a little in front of them or straight ahead. It looks so much better when it lit up their backs. I should try this one in Lightzone.

-Charles

kweide

Yes, yes, yes yes....

I like the last one. The girls shot. I can even see their moving away. Boy thats great.

cjlacz

Thanks Klaus. I have to admit I'm finding it more interesting to post pictures (here and flickr) then I expected. I seem to get responses on different pictures then I expected. :D Whenever I look at the beautiful pictures on your thread I realize how far I have to go it. Keeps pushing me.

I would of pushed it the other direction, more grain and more contrast. I guess that's just how I've learned to deal with the high ISO GRD shots. I love your picture of the subway. You can hardly even tell people are there. Just a silhouette here and there.

Ok, just spent too long messing out with the editor. How did you manage to get that nice blur? I couldn't manage to get close to it. Can you tell me a little how you did it? I'm still trying to learn to get the most out of the software I have.

Here is a quick version I did, but I just realized it's not all that different from the original. It's almost 2am though, so I have to get to bed soon.