The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 awesome

Tim

Anyone here seriously considering a DP2 when it comes out? or will it be a wait and see what the output is like?

Tim

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
My DP-1 will be here Friday. I ordered a DP-2 with finder and should have it by Mid Feb.
There's even a chance for an early release late Jan.
shooter.....

N

nei1

:salute:eek:ne for me.the g1 is also tempting,albeit less so,but as you need at least a 24mm or20mm just for it to become remotely interesting,its an easy pass.I have 35 and 50 mm lenses so would be stuck using telephoto unless I invested in leica glass just for the g1.So I welcome the DP2 with all its problems

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Anyone here seriously considering a DP2 when it comes out? or will it be a wait and see what the output is like?

Tim
I love my DP1 and am definitely planning to get the DP2 when it comes out. I just hope it doesn't get delayed a long time like the DP1 did.

Bill

helenhill

Oh Amin
Don't fall to the G1 just yet... you can play w/All your Zeiss & Cv lenses on your Ikon
and have that magic foeven sensor in your pocket
You the Man :toocool: ...WAIT for the DP2

Happy holidays !-H

Rawfa

From your correspondent in Beijing here are 2 DP1 photos taken today fresh from the oven:

P.S - It is super cold here and the 8 hour jet lag is really not helping.

Oh, and Merry X-Mas!

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
From your correspondent in Beijing here are 2 DP1 photos taken today fresh from the oven:

P.S - It is super cold here and the 8 hour jet lag is really not helping.

Oh, and Merry X-Mas!
Merry Christmas, Rafa! I'll be looking forward to more beautiful photos from China.

hilld

You bet! It only took a couple of days after acquiring my DP1 (at the end of September) for me to start putting money in my piggy bank for the DP2 as soon as it appears. Of course, that will be in addition to my DP1, not in place of.

Rawfa

Here's 2 more photos. Tomorrow is my last day here so once O get back to Barcelona I'll try to organize the 2000 photos we've taken here into one thread.

Larger version (firefox only)

Larger version

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Hyperfocal distances for DP-1 are as follows....

f 4.0 12.6'

f 5.6 8.93'

f 8.0 6.33'

f 11 4.49'

The camera focused at these settings will render everything from 1/2 the Hyperfocal Distance to Infinity in acceptable focus....